Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

My fiance and I are planning to apply for our spouse visa sometime in September. The main reason we are waiting is due to the financial requirement. We will be applying under Category B as his pay rate has gone up over the last 6 months and don't want them using his lowest pay stub. He is only 360 pounds short of the requirement. The original plan was for him to get a second job to make up for the shortfall and to show that he would currently be making 18,600 at the time of application (to meet both parts of cat b). He found out this morning that his employer is going to be offering a bunch of overtime over the next few months, which will put him over the threshold for meeting the first part of category B. He will still need a second job if he doesn't get a raise between now and when we apply just to show that he meets the second part of the category.

My question is I wasn't sure how the overtime would be calculated. Will they just take all 12 pay stubs (some with overtime, some without) and just add them all together and make sure it comes out to 18,600 or above? I just want to make sure that we are calculating this properly and not wait until last minute to find out we were wrong all along.

I would really appreciate any information on this. Thank you!

·
Registered
167 Posts
You asked the same question on another thread please be patient. For category B they will add up his pay (Basic pay and overtime) from the past 12 months.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, and I apologize. No one had answered this thread for over a week. And I know that everyone is busy doing other things, completely understandable. But I just needed to know what we are doing. So they will just simply add everything over the last 12 months? What about his employment letter? It will state that he makes 18,360 per year obviously. Will this cause an issue? He will have them state that overtime is available for him to work as well. I am just starting to get really worried and I just want to have a solid plan formed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In addition, will we just apply under category B - salaried employment? He is salary, but the overtime is extra obviously.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know, and I apologize. No one had answered this thread for over a week. And I know that everyone is busy doing other things, completely understandable. But I just needed to know what we are doing. So they will just simply add everything over the last 12 months? What about his employment letter? It will state that he makes 18,360 per year obviously. Will this cause an issue? He will have them state that overtime is available for him to work as well. I am just starting to get really worried and I just want to have a solid plan formed.
Make sure that the employment letter clearly states that your husband works overtime.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that won't be an issue to have that stated in the letter of employment. This is just to show he has met one part of Category B's requirements. He will be getting a second job to show that he, at the time of application (second requirement of category B), will be earning 18,600 between both jobs. And again just to clarify, we would be applying under category B - salaried employment even though there is overtime involved?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I am sure, there is just overtime available once in a while if he chooses to work extra. His contract shows he makes 18,360 per year. But with overtime included, this will put him over the requirement. So he is able to show that he has earned the 18,600 over the last 12 months.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes I am sure, there is just overtime available once in a while if he chooses to work extra. His contract shows he makes 18,360 per year. But with overtime included, this will put him over the requirement. So he is able to show that he has earned the 18,600 over the last 12 months.
Okay then you will be fine. You can prove that he earned over 18,600 in the last 12 months and is still earning over 18,600 with the two jobs. Do not stress

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you. My main concern was how they calculate overtime with category B. And also that we are applying under the right thing under salaried employee since overtime is technically non salaried. It's very confusing. Just wanting to make sure we are alright here.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You work out salaried component and overtime separately and add the two together. Someone can be on salaried employment with overtime element, and this is quite common.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So for instance, let say his gross salaried pay is £18,240 before adding the overtime in. Then he made an extra £700 in overtime which would also be on his pay slips, that would be fine? There's no special type of calculation for this...it would be a total of £18,940 then right? And like I stated above, applying under category B salaried employee is correct then? And then also about his employment letter, just stating in the letter that he has worked overtime is sufficient?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Always attach a separate sheet to Appendix 2 setting out how you are meeting the requirement. You should state a) your salaried pay and b) overtime, and add the two together.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Joppa. And just making sure that the letter of employment won't be an issue even though his annual salary is £18,360? He will have a second job to make up for the £240 difference so he will have another letter of employment showing his annual income with that as well.

We will attach a spreadsheet to the back of appendix 2 showing the 12 months prior including base pay and overtime separately, then add them together to show how we calculated meeting the requirement.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wanted to make sure that we will meet the financial requirement as time is running down before we apply next month.

Here is our situation:

My husband works full time and makes an annual salary of 18,360 pounds. However, he is getting a second job by the end of the month to make up the shortfall of the 240 pounds for part 1 of category B. Over the last 12 months, he has made up that shortfall by working a bunch of overtime which has put us at about 19,000 pounds to meet part 2 of category B.

By the time we make application next month, he will have the 12 payslips for the year leading up to application showing he has made the required amount. He will also be providing 1 payslip from his new job as well as letter of employment from his full time job stating he makes an annual salary of 18,360 pounds plus letter of employment from his part time job stating he makes (for example) 2,000 pounds to show he will be earning at least 18,600 when we apply.

This is completely acceptable, right?

We want to make sure that by him getting the second job to make up the shortfall that we will not have any issues with meeting the requirement.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If he no longer needs income from his second job, you shouldn't disclose any of his income from that. This is to avoid confusing the ECO.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He doesn't need income from the second job for the previous 12 months, he needs it to bump up his annual gross income. He makes £18,360 at his full time job. So he needs an extra £240, that's where the second job comes in. So basically laid out simply:

Part 1 category B (annual salary): £18,360 from job number 1 & £2,000 from job number 2
Part 2 category B (previous 12 months): £19,000 job number 1 including overtime

This makes sense right?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.