Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just need some advise as I have mentioned previously my husband lost his job at the end of June due to the company being sold with only being there since April he has got a new job now started on 1/7 and his visa expires on 26th December 2017

To meet the financial requirement I was going to combine both our incomes over the 12 months Oct 2016- Oct 2017
I earn 16k annual so will be using his In come to make up for the shortfall but my solicitor said I'm not eligible to apply under category b because my husband has only been in employment since April and not the whole 12 months is this correct?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
No, that shouldn't matter provided your combined income during the last 12 months comes to at least £18,600.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it's okay if I show my payslips oct2016-oct2017 but for my husband payslips from March 2017- October 2017?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi sorry to be a pain but do I meet the criteria for category b as my solicitor said that in this category one of us have to be in employment earning 18k at the time of applying where as my annual is 16k and my husband is less than mine but over the 12 months we will have earned more than 18600 combined

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hi sorry to be a pain but do I meet the criteria for category b as my solicitor said that in this category one of us have to be in employment earning 18k at the time of applying where as my annual is 16k and my husband is less than mine but over the 12 months we will have earned more than 18600 combined
To qualify for Cat B you must meet the requirements in two parts:

a) Between you both, you are earning at least £18,600 at time of the application - so assuming your husband is earning £2,600 a year plus your £16,000 then you meet part a.
b). You have earned at least £18,600 between you in the previous 12 months - which you already stated you have done so.

It's worrying the amount of posts here where people's solicitors either don't know what they're talking about or are poor at communicating it to their clients.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.