Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm reading through the forum and the GOV website but still unsure as to what Category I fall within. In March 2015 my gross annual salary was increased to £15,500 from £13,500 and my contract & letter from employer confirms my new annual pay. However I get paid a monthly bonus (plus any overtime) which does vary. I have been with same company for nearly 3 years.

My last 6 payslips state earnings of:
JAN: £1,663
FEB: £1,627
MAR: £1,674
APR: £2,058
MAY: £1,874
JUN: £1,740

So each one is above £1,550 - now, does that mean I have to apply through Category A? My P60 for the past year also states a total gross annual income of £18,967.80 for 2014/15.

Which area is applicable to myself, Cat A or B? I'm supposed to be completing my application by Wednesday to send off and have only ordered last 6 months of bank statements which were delivered today, thus my panic!! :eek:

Thanks for your help in advance guys, much appreciated.

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
So you are in salaried job with overtime and bonus. You can take the average of the last 6-month income and annualise it, which enables you to apply under Cat A. This comes to £21,272 from the figures you've given so you meet the financial requirement. Your employment letter should state you get overtime and bonus as well as salaried pay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joppa, I have just realised the letter of support from my company doesn't state that I am paid any bonus/overtime. It states dates of employment, position, hours of work, annual salary, contract status as permanent, and salary payment as monthly. They go on to say: "It is our policy to confine references to confirmation of factual data only concerning the individual's employment with the Company".

You think that may be an issue with them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.