Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sponsoring my husband to come and live with me here in the UK. I have two jobs (threshold of £18600 is met) and I am under the impression that I need to provide 6 months worth of payslips for both jobs and P60s and bank statements. All of this is in order, along with job letters from both employers.

I believe I apply under category A and not category B? I've been reading so many forums and have managed to confuse myself. Also the forms make it very hard to record two jobs!

Hope somebody can help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you submit 6 month payslips and 6month bank statements you are applying under category A,and if you submit 12month payslips with 12month of bank statements you are applying under category B. To record the details of your second job you can add it in part 5 of additional information .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. I have worked at my first job for two years and the other for about 8 months.

There is a question on Appendix 2 asking:

"If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?"

I believe for this question I will put no - is that right? As I have only been meeting the income threshold for 8 months.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
That's correct, as you don't qualify under Cat B, the one the question is getting at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.