Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour!

Am wading through mutuelles now focusing on reimbursement rates etc for vision and dental. Looking at some high-end policies which provide 165-300% but with what seem to be low ceilings annually.

I have cataracts, wear glasses and hope to have surgery. Can anyone tell me what is covered, if any, by base regime? is LASIK out of the question?

Tooth implants, bridges appear not to be covered at all by base regime. And I need these services as well...how much do these services really cost here?

Any personal experience or advice re. same or mutuelle coverage would be greatly appreciated. I read some people go to Hungary, Morocco and even Guatamala for the major dental work?!

As always, thanks in advance for your feedback.

Judy

·
Administrator
51,399 Posts
For most eye and dental work, the base system covers only a very nominal amount. It's in these two areas that your mutuelle is really important. Then again, from what I've experienced, a mutuelle may tend to do one or the other (eye care or dental care) really well, leaving more for you to pay on your own with the other service.

OTOH, for cataracts, my DH found a doctor who was highly recommended. He was a "non-agréé" type working out of a private hospital, however it was possible to submit a pre-approval to the mutuelle to see how much of this guy's "normal" charges the mutuelle would pay. DH did a bit of negotiating with the surgeon and wound up getting the surgery for just a little bit more than what the mutuelle said it would pay for. (I thought the surgeon was an arrogant s.o.b. - but DH liked him so it worked out well for him.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.