Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Quick question for all you cherished experts!

I will be arriving on a regular tourist visa in order to go through the process of getting a residence visa through my newly created company in a virtual zone. This takes a month or so before I get residence permit, following arrival.

In the meantime however I want to import my cat. Is there any restriction that says I need a residence visa BEFORE I can import him?

Thanks for help!

N

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sorry to say but I believe you will need a residency visa to import your cat. You can apply direct online to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries when you are in Dubai

I suppose your only option is to leave your cat with someone or a cattery and arrange for it to go over when you have your residency visa.

You can contact Dubai Kennels & Cattery (they import animals into Dubai) if you want to double check what I have said
DKC ~ Dubai Global Pet & Animal Relocation Services

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm currently starting the process of moving my cats out and have been speaking to DKC and a company in the UK. No one has mentioned residency visa yet (though there is mountains of paper work) if you like as I find out stuff I'll let you know. My first call is the vets next week to get all the vaccinations, passports and to get their weight and measurements done. Then I'm going to start the process with the UK company. You need to budget about £2000 I reckon (for two cats) just in case there is kennel costs as well And they have to be boarded till they can enter! I'll keep you posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.