Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my application hasnt completed yet, but i wish to leave my part time job which i used to top up my income above 18.6k is that fine? if the application fails can i still apply under cat be as i've been with my main employer for over 2 years and my salary is 17.6 but it does change alot.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
If you need your part-time job to make £18,600 now, you must not leave your job until the visa is issued. If you don't need it now but only used it to bring up your previous (last 12 months') income to the required level, then you can.
You can apply under Cat A if you have been with your main employer for 6 months, and on average you have earned £18,600 (by taking the average of your 6-month pay).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah right i will stay until i get decision, but say it gets refused. which category would i re apply under if i left my job before the second application. as my main job does not pay 18.6 but the salary combined for the last 12 months would push it past the threashold. would i apply under CAT a or CAT b

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
In that case you cannot apply, as you no longer meet the condition of actually earning the required amount at the time of reapplication. So you need to carry on in your PT job or start another job. Under Cat B, you can apply as soon as you start your second job, provided in the last 12 calendar months, you have actually earned the required amount, including the time when you were only doing one job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.