Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is coming to live in Dubai in 2011 after she finishes high shool in Australia. She will be studying but wants to get some casual work..I have heard this is virtually impossible to do at restaurants or supermarkets.
Has anyone had any positive experiences in this area?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
There is little in the way of casual labour due the the costs of the legalities. An unmarried daughter may be sponsored by her father, so she has the advantage of an employer only having to obtain a labour card, rather than having to pay for full residency.

The pay for the type of work you suggest is very low and I would be surprised if a Western woman would be employed on such a basis here. She would have a better chance of obtaining p/t office work through connections.

-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is little in the way of casual labour due the the costs of the legalities. An unmarried daughter may be sponsored by her father, so she has the advantage of an employer only having to obtain a labour card, rather than having to pay for full residency.

The pay for the type of work you suggest is very low and I would be surprised if a Western woman would be employed on such a basis here. She would have a better chance of obtaining p/y office work through connections.

-
Thanks, I figured as much. Just hoped it wasn't so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.