Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I'm moving to Brittany some time this year and was wondering about casual work like farm labouring, building etc.

I'm hoping to become mostly self sufficient and have a smallholding to sustain me, with a few livestock like chickens, ducks and maybe a pig or two, also to grow a lot of what I need to live.
I realise that I cannot survive without cash and was wondering of the availability of work.

I've been in the building industry for 30 years and am efficient in plastering, electrics, groundworks, drainage, roofing, bricklaying etc and all associated work, but obviously most of Brittany is sparesly populated and is mostly arable, so I'm prepared to do farmwork etc, but won't need full-time employment.

I'm learning French after reading on here that it's a good starting point and I'm not doing too bad with it.

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi everyone!
I'm moving to Brittany some time this year and was wondering about casual work like farm labouring, building etc.

I'm hoping to become mostly self sufficient and have a smallholding to sustain me, with a few livestock like chickens, ducks and maybe a pig or two, also to grow a lot of what I need to live.
I realise that I cannot survive without cash and was wondering of the availability of work.

I've been in the building industry for 30 years and am efficient in plastering, electrics, groundworks, drainage, roofing, bricklaying etc and all associated work, but obviously most of Brittany is sparesly populated and is mostly arable, so I'm prepared to do farmwork etc, but won't need full-time employment.

I'm learning French after reading on here that it's a good starting point and I'm not doing too bad with it.

Thanks for reading.
Hi, Good luck with your impending move, sorry I cannot offer any information with regard to what that availability of work maybe in your chosen area however, if you are doing well with the language and are happy to attempt to integrate with the locals then I would hope you may find what you are looking for and wish you every success in trying.

All the best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi and good luck in moving to Brittany. This is my first posting on this expat form, having just joined!
I'm looking to buy a holiday home in Brittany and am visiting on 5th March. I have 2 houses to view, 1 near Plemet and the other near Les Forges. Does anyone know these areas? What are they like? Any tips on the area or buying gerenrally. Cheers !Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.