Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need some information concerning casier judiciaire ( police clearance certificate ).
I went to perfecture for immigration and one of document they asked casier judiciaire from india , I contacted embassy of India in Paris and they send me this document but perfecture did not accept and they asked that document must be issued from India .

Anyone know how i can get this document ( police clearance certificate ) from here........?????

·
Administrator
50,423 Posts
What they want is a police document from your national police agency. For someone from the US, for example, it has to be an FBI "rap sheet." Your embassy should be able to tell you how to contact the national police agency in India - possibly via a website - to request the necessary document.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Generally the prefecture accepts the Casier Judiciare issued by the Indian Embassy if it is for Carte de Sejour purposes. However if it is for naturalisation, they insist that the document should be issued in India, apostilled etc...but then also depends on the prefecture.

To get it from India also depends on which state you want it from, apparently in Maharashtra you can apply for it online while for other states the usual procedure is to go to the local ACP's office, fill up a form and you should get it within a week...or as soon as the local beat cops come to your place and 'verify'.

Another way to get it is through the website for the Indian Passport, wherein there is a link for police clearance certificate (but I don't know of anyone who has tried this independent of asking for a passport)

Hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Generally the prefecture accepts the Casier Judiciare issued by the Indian Embassy if it is for Carte de Sejour purposes. However if it is for naturalisation, they insist that the document should be issued in India, apostilled etc...but then also depends on the prefecture.

To get it from India also depends on which state you want it from, apparently in Maharashtra you can apply for it online while for other states the usual procedure is to go to the local ACP's office, fill up a form and you should get it within a week...or as soon as the local beat cops come to your place and 'verify'.

Another way to get it is through the website for the Indian Passport, wherein there is a link for police clearance certificate (but I don't know of anyone who has tried this independent of asking for a passport)

Hope it helps
Hi thanks for information , yes you are right it is for naturalisation thats why they asked for issued in india , i am from gujarat. Can you tell me it is possible to ask from france or i need to go india to make pcc ( casier judiciare)

Thanks for replay

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the Gujarat police website to see if it can be applied for online. However you would have to have a document showing your permanent address as the locality in Gujarat whose local police station is supposed to issue this certificate (unlike in France/Europe where casier judicaire is maintained as a history irrespective of where the person is living currently, the Indian police generally issues it as of current-status, i.e. it assumes that you reside at the local place in India from where you are applying.

My suggestion would be:
1) Check Gujarat police website for possibility of online application
2) Check India Passport website for the same
3) As a last resort, you might even have to go apply in person to Gujarat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.