Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just received notice that my bank (TSB) will stop accepting my pension checks from the USA. The company does not offer direct deposit, only paper checks. I need to find either a new bank that will take them or a source that will simply cash them. Any recommendations of UK banks or services? Sorry if this has been asked before. I did use the search function, but no matter what I entered, it said no matches.

·
Administrator
50,364 Posts
Do you have any sort of bank account back in the US? Because if you do, the easiest would be to have your pension checks sent to (or deposited into) a US account and then you can transfer the money to your UK bank using a transfer and exchange service like Transferwise to convert the amount and just deposit it for you.

If you don't have a US bank account, it may be difficult to open one from a distance other than on a trip back to the US. Helps if you can open an account somewhere where you have family or friends and where they have their accounts.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hsbc

HSBC has branches in both the USA snd the UK. Open an account with them in the US and have your pension deposited there. You can then transfer the money to your UK account without any fees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.