Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Applying for fiance visa.

Lets say I just meet the 62500 pounds in cash savings but I did some money transfer between my own accounts.

Saving account 1 has over 6 months statement with 10000 pounds.
Saving account 2 was just created 5 months ago so only have 5 months statement and all money from account 1 transferred to account 2 on the day it was created.

So Saving account 1 will show money leaving and entering Saving account 2 five months ago.

So is this still okay? Saving account 2 is only five months old but the money came from Saving account 1 which shows over 1 year in the statement. Submitting our documents tomorrow and this is worrying me.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
No it isn't. Money in EACH account has to stay at a minimum level you are submitting for 6 months. It's not just money under your control. When you transferred the money to your new account, the 6-month clock was reset.
The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been held in their bank account (singular) for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...708/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf Page 49

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both saving accounts are from the same bank. So I just screwed myself for wanting my money to have a slight better interest rate?

What about help-to-buy ISA? You can only put in 200 pounds each month in it so even each standing orders from your own accounts will reset the clock?

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
I'm afraid so. Even within the same bank or financial institution, the clock is reset. Pity you didn't ask us beforehand. So you now have to wait a month so that you can submit 6-month statement for both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.