Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a South African married to a British citizen. We relied on the £62 500 cash savings for my visa to join him in the UK. On application date we had more than that. We have submitted the application on the 12th June 2015 and went for the Biometrics on the 25th of June 2015. What will happen if we drop into the savings while the decision is in the process of being made?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
They convert into sterling using Oanda rate ruling on the date of application, so your savings are locked at 19.1442.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
When you apply with evidence of meeting financial requirement in a currency other than sterling, such as savings, they use the Oanda rate ruling on the date of application. So in your case, as rand was 19.1442 against sterling on the day you applied, they will use that to convert into sterling, no matter what happens to exchange rate after you have applied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My savings are in UK sterling. I want to know what happens if i start spending the £62 500 and drop below that figure while my application is busy being processed?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
My savings are in UK sterling. I want to know what happens if i start spending the £62 500 and drop below that figure while my application is busy being processed?
I remote chance of having to reapply will reset the clock if the savings drop below £62 500. You should consider this..

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hertsfem brings up a good point.
If you get denied for whatever reason, you wont have enough in the bank to use to reapply.

Also I think that if you spend it and it dips below, you will have to wait another 6 months of bank statements to show the requirement is in your bank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O, no.... This is what happened - I paid for the Priority service but the appointment centre that received it was Pretoria, i applied at the Johannesburg visa application centre. (My application date was 12 June 2015 and my biometrics was for 25th June 2015). I obviously clicked on the wrong city. Don't know how that happened though, i was very thorough through out the whole process. So they said i must pay again and ask for a refund at Pretoria. That extra £360 dropped our total savings of £62,534.07 to £62,174.07 on the 26th of June. Our UK visa application has been received by UK Visas & Immigration on the 26th as well.... Now i am nervous!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well. Ask for your refund, wait for said refund, then do it again at the correct city? Thats the only way I'd see it done.
I think that despite being received they wont decide anything if they dont have a biometrics file and probably email you saying they want one done.

Reactions: NATALIESUN
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.