Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently in the process of preparing my documents, I got married earlier this year in Feb, but had to delay the application to meet the financial requirement.

I earn a little under £18,600 pa, I already had savings of £14,200, and my dad gifted me £15,000. I've held the combined amount for the past 7 months in my account which is under my name, my dad has written a letter stating that he has given this as a wedding gift to me.

What is confusing me is that some people are saying that my dad would have to provide his bank statement, however the UKBA appendix state no such thing..

(iii) gift of cash savings (whose souce must be declared) evidenced at paragraph 1(a)(iii), provided that the cash savings have been held by the person or persons at paragraph 1(a)(iii) for at least 6 months prior to the date of application and are under their control; and
(iv) a maintenance grant or stipend associated with undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research.

According to this, I have already declared the source of the gift - dad's letter, which is evidenced at 1(a)(iii)

(iii) in relation to personal bank statements be only in the name of:

(1) the applicant's partner, the applicant or both as appropriate; or

which in this case would be my bank statement, showing the money was transferred into my account, and I have held on to this amount for at least 6 months.

So my question is, is it necessary to provide my dad's bank statement?, or just optional?, I mean why would they need to see all this extra documents if they can see the money has been sitting in my account for 6 months?

Thanks

Don

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
I think submitting your father's bank statement backs up what he says in his letter, that it's a gift and the money has actually changed hands. Without the statement, it could be argued that the letter may be a forgery and you may simply have borrowed money from friends and others, intending to return once the visa is issued.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think submitting your father's bank statement backs up what he says in his letter, that it's a gift and the money has actually changed hands. Without the statement, it could be argued that the letter may be a forgery and you may simply have borrowed money from friends and others, intending to return once the visa is issued.

I see, but if my statement shows my father's name as the person who transferred the money to my account, would that not be acceptable?, since it was an online transfer from his account to mine.

The only reason why I'm hesitating providing his statement is because a couple of months prior to the transfer, he put a substantial deposit on a property, so most of his money is invested in that, and he gave a significant amount of the remainder of his savings to me, so they might raise an eyebrow over that?

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
Don't try to outguess what Home Office may think. Just do what is needed to make your application complete.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hi guys,
I am new in this forum and I have been reading all these using posts a couple of days now. I wish I had found this forum before applying for my fiance visa and I my visa wouldn't been rejected :(

My situation is that my visa got rejected based on the financial requirement. I am sure some people might have had the same issue. As I will be re-applying based on C-D so i will be using cash savings. My family has now contributed some cash as a wedding gift and it did not come directly through their bank account and they deposited the money through Counter Credit, which does not show their name or their bank name. My question is which kind of documents would i need to provide that the money is from the family as it did not come directly from their bank. Recently my father sold some property and it was my share money.. Any help will be appreciated...

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
In that case all you can provide is a letter from your father specifying the gift of money and how the money was paid into your account (i.e. by counter credit).

·
Banned
6 Posts
In that case all you can provide is a letter from your father specifying the gift of money and how the money was paid into your account (i.e. by counter credit).
Thank you Joppa..Also, when I re-apply, do I need to add new communications records between me and my fiance ? (Because of our week finance situation and to save some money, he won;t me able to come over this time and visit me so we will just rely on skype, phone, emails and facebook contact history)..

Thanks a millon...

·
Banned
6 Posts
I am concern that because I was rejected once it might affect my application when I re-apply.. even if all of my documents are correct.. am i over-thinking now???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.