Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,

Me and my fiance are applying for spouse visa in July,
just had couple questions regarding financial requirements.

My fiance just received his trust fund from his grandad this April,
it was cashed and given to him and since then it was it his savings account as cash.
Before it was given to him, it was under his grandad's name for about 15 years.
if we can get a letter from his grandad stating it was meant for him from the beginnig, and prove the transition of the cash from his account to my fiance's account can this be counted as cash saving, or not as it wasnt in his name for more than 6 months ?

Also, my fiance is currently a director of his own company. company was founded on September 2014, so it hasnt been alive for a full financial year yet. I've called UKVI about this, and person on the call said in this case you can just show income from past 6 months on his bank slip as his earning. Still i feel like there should be more paper works needed .....Has anyone have experience as this, where you had to prove income as director of company before you had full financial year report ?

Also, does this mean we can only put in income from September 2014, where his company's financial year started till now, even if it hasnt been a whole year yet ?
We would still meet the 18.6k limit as i was working in UK as well under tier5 YMS visa, just want to make sure.

Another, i have been in various employments in the past -
had 19k contract from August - december 2014, i had been let go as they didnt needed the project i was working on anymore.
Then 18k contract, but with more commission promised from december - march 2015, but i quit as didnt enjoy the position at all,
and wasnt given any commission as i hadnt finished my project.
and since March 2015, ive been in unsalaried position, which was paying 300-450/week depending on hours i worked, and getting paid weekly.

if i show them the permanent contracts i had, would they consider this beneficial as i have the ability to land permenant contract,
or see this as dangerous as i change jobs often ?

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
For anything to count as savings, it must stay in his account for 6 months, so April payment of trust fund won't be admitted as savings till October.
His income counts as self-employment and requires up to a year's account. In his case, only the profit made since September will count. He requires the full range of evidence as described under Section 9 of FM1.7.
Don't worry about fixed-term contracts. If you are the visa applicant, your job prospect plays no part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Joppa

Thank you for the quick reply.
just couple more following questions -

So in this case we will be submitting under category F, combined with my income from category B ?
If our main category in category F, does this mean my income will only count from September as well ?
When combining my income from salaried, unsalaried income, does this need to meet requirements in category B alone as well ?

Also,

9.3.7. Where a couple are using their joint income to meet the financial requirement, all of this
income must fall within the financial year(s) being relied on and must still be a source of
income at the time of application. For example, if the applicant is in the UK with
permission to work, to combine their salaried employment income with their partner’s
self-employment income, they must provide evidence of the income received from this
salaried employment during their self-employed partner’s relevant financial year(s) and
evidence of ongoing employment at the date of application.

By ongoing employment, does this mean that i can only submit income from my current ongoing employment, as in, if i worked in company 1,2 and 3 since September, and still working for 3 - does income from company 3 is the only one that counts ? or it just means i can submit all my income, but also need to show that i am currently employed at some place ??

Last one, Would my fiance not be considered as sole trader rather than self employed ??
As he has his own company, no emplayees yet.

Sorry for so many questions, just very confused and despertly trying not to spend ages apart with my fiance :( !

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
karsenjs, are you already in the UK on a different visa?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.