Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Please find the case study below and request for an expert opinion..

Events Happened

• Written IELTS On April 2013.
  • Applied for ACS skill assessment in June 2013 and received positive feedback for nominated skill on August 2013.
  • Filed EOI for South Australia in Skill select under State sponsorship 190 visa and 489 visa in October 2013.
  1. Points scored under 190 visa is 55 points
  2. Points scored under 489 visa is 60 points
  • Filed an application in South Australia migration website in October 2013 under 489 visa, I have declared the following
1. That i do not have any relatives in South Australia/Australia

Question : Do you have any friends or relatives in South Australia?
Answer : No

2. I am not an international graduate of Australia i.e. i did not complete a qualification from an Australian educational institution.

Question : Are you an international graduate of Australia i.e. you completed a qualification from an Australian educational institution.
Did you graduate from an Australian educational institution?

Note:

In the South Australia state migration website, the following clause is mentioned:

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/194

Skilled - Nominated (subclass 489) visa
#######################################

International graduates of Australia who did not undertake their complete studies in South Australia are only eligible to apply

for nomination for the provisional visa.

###################################################

• Got my South Australia application approved on October 31st 2013, and got an invitation from DIBP/DAIC/skillselect to respond to the invitation within 2 months.After filing all the pages to the invitation, i am asked to pay 3500 Australian dollars as an application fee.

Questions

• I have a question here, will the DIBP/DIAC/Skillselect deny the visa grant to me due to reason, that i am not an Australia/South Australia international graduate ?

• Will DAIC/DIBP/Skillselect refund the money if the application is refused due to the above reason ?

I kindly request your opinion at the earliest, this will help me in applying for the SA invitation, kindly do not ask the nominated occupation name/application no (Confidential) ....

Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hello

Please find the case study below and request for an expert opinion..

Events Happened

• Written IELTS On April 2013.
  • Applied for ACS skill assessment in June 2013 and received positive feedback for nominated skill on August 2013.
  • Filed EOI for South Australia in Skill select under State sponsorship 190 visa and 489 visa in October 2013.
  1. Points scored under 190 visa is 55 points
  2. Points scored under 489 visa is 60 points
  • Filed an application in South Australia migration website in October 2013 under 489 visa, I have declared the following

2. I am not an international graduate of Australia i.e. i did not complete a qualification from an Australian educational institution.

Question : Are you an international graduate of Australia i.e. you completed a qualification from an Australian educational institution.

Note:

In the South Australia state migration website, the following clause is mentioned:

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/194

Skilled - Nominated (subclass 489) visa
#######################################

International graduates of Australia who did not undertake their complete studies in South Australia are only eligible to apply

###################################################

• Got my South Australia application approved on October 31st 2013, and got an invitation from DIBP/DAIC/skillselect to respond to the invitation within 2 months.After filing all the pages to the invitation, i am asked to pay 3500 Australian dollars as an application fee.

Questions

• I have a question here, will the DIBP/DIAC/Skillselect deny the visa grant to me due to reason, that i am not an Australia/South Australia international graduate ?

• Will DAIC/DIBP/Skillselect refund the money if the application is refused due to the above reason ?

I kindly request your opinion at the earliest, this will help me in applying for the SA invitation, kindly do not ask the nominated occupation name/application no (Confidential) ....

Thanks and Regards
You have not understood the meaning of ....

:):)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Mithu, for the reply.

I would like to know, is my approval from South Australia state and subsequent invitation from DAIC/DIBP/Skillselect can be a case of waiver of this clause or the officer just overlooked this two fields in the South Australia state migration online application form or they expect me to know this clause and later deny saying this is my mistake/i overlooked it.

Clause

International graduates of Australia who did not undertake their complete studies in South Australia are only eligible to apply for nomination for the provisional visa.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Mithu, for the reply.

I would like to know, is my approval from South Australia state and subsequent invitation from DAIC/DIBP/Skillselect can be a case of waiver of this clause or the officer just overlooked this two fields in the South Australia state migration online application form or they expect me to know this clause and later deny saying this is my mistake/i overlooked it.

Clause

International graduates of Australia who did not undertake their complete studies in South Australia are only eligible to apply for nomination for the provisional visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts