Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I have applied for a 176 Skilled Sponsored Visa. Following are the details.

1. IELTS with score of 7 on each module.
2. Gained positive skills assessment from ACS for my nominated occupation (Database Administrator)
3. Gained State Sponsorship from Victoria.
4. I have 3 and a half years of experience in my previous organization and one year of experience in my current organization (both jobs were as Database Administrator)
5. My DIAC point mark is 65.
6. Lodged application with DIAC on 16th Mar 2012, Case Officer assigned on 12th April 2012.

Today I received email from my case officer in which she is asking for "Evidence" of employment. I provided following evidence with my application.

1. Letter from HR Department of my previous organization, detailing my job profile and my period of employment (3 and a half years), signed by Manager HR.
2. Letter from HR Department of my current organization, confirming my employment and period of employment (1 year), signed by Manager HR. A separate job profile with mine and my manager's signatures.

Now I am asked by case officer to provide following within 28 days.

● Detailed work references showing duties, duration of employment and signed by your manager;
● Pay slips covering the period of claimed work experience;
● Bank statements showing payment of salaries into personal bank accounts;
● Taxation Documents.

I am confused that I already provided DIAC with employment reference letters signed by the HR Managers of my previous and current organizations. Why they are asking for them to be signed by my managers? I have already emailed them reminding them that I already provided them the reference letters.

As for pay slips, do I have to provide Pay Slips for each month from my previous organization? (that's 42 pay slips!!!) Also in my previous organization, pay slips were only given if required by the employee. So may be I'll have 3-4 pay slips from my previous organization. I'm really not sure if they can provide me with 42 pay slips.

As for Bank Statements, do I have to provide them the bank statement for the last 4 years? Also, I joined my previous organization in Oct 2007. In Mar 2008 I changed my bank and closed my previous bank account. How can I provide bank statements from a bank account I closed 4 years ago?

As for Taxation documents, I have a tax certificate from my previous employer in which deduction of tax for one year is shown? Should that be enough? As for my current employer, I will get the Tax certificate after June 2012 as per government policy.

I am considering calling my case officer to discuss all these issues. Meanwhile, any help or advice from your side would be appreciated.

Regards,

Reactions: nikhilsaini2013

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
The best advice I could give you is that when your Co ask for certain documents, then you need to provide those. Trying to be difficult will serve no purpose and only affect yourself in the long run.

If you have previously provided letters, then you need to just reattach them again and maybe include a note that reference letters are only provided by your HR department.

You should provide as many payslips as you possibly can. It is better to provide too much information as opposed to too little. I appreciate that it seems like a pain to get all these payslips but just remember that you are doing this for your visa - short term pain for long term gain! If you only have the 3 pay slips, provide it and include a note for your CO stating why you cannot provide the other payslips. If you have bank statements showing your salary being deposited in your bank account, then that would negate the need for some of the pay slips.

In short, provide what you can and add an explanation where you cannot provide a particular document. DIAC understands that we do not all hoard documents for years and that we may not have all the records at hand but as long as you provide what you can, typically this would be accepted.

Yes, you taxation certificate would work. Again, provide what you have and include an explanation where you do not have a particular document.

The idea is that you provide enough document to convince the CO of the claims that you have made on your application. The sooner you provide your documents, then the quicker your case can be finalised, bearing in mind that being from pakistan, then you will quite likely have to go through security checks and the sooner than can be started, then the quicker it can be completed and your application finalised.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dear All,

2. Gained positive skills assessment from ACS for my nominated occupation (Database Administrator)
4. I have 3 and a half years of experience in my previous organization and one year of experience in my current organization (both jobs were as Database Administrator)
6. Lodged application with DIAC on 16th Mar 2012, Case Officer assigned on 12th April 2012.

Today I received email from my case officer in which she is asking for "Evidence" of employment. I provided following evidence with my application.

1. Letter from HR Department of my previous organization, detailing my job profile and my period of employment (3 and a half years), signed by Manager HR.
2. Letter from HR Department of my current organization, confirming my employment and period of employment (1 year), signed by Manager HR. A separate job profile with mine and my manager's signatures.

● Detailed work references showing duties, duration of employment and signed by your manager;
● Taxation Documents.

I am confused that I already provided DIAC with employment reference letters signed by the HR Managers of my previous and current organizations. Why they are asking for them to be signed by my managers? I have already emailed them reminding them that I already provided them the reference letters.

As for pay slips, do I have to provide Pay Slips for each month from my previous organization? (that's 42 pay slips!!!) Also in my previous organization, pay slips were only given if required by the employee. So may be I'll have 3-4 pay slips from my previous organization. I'm really not sure if they can provide me with 42 pay slips.

As for Bank Statements, do I have to provide them the bank statement for the last 4 years? Also, I joined my previous organization in Oct 2007. In Mar 2008 I changed my bank and closed my previous bank account. How can I provide bank statements from a bank account I closed 4 years ago?

As for Taxation documents, I have a tax certificate from my previous employer in which deduction of tax for one year is shown? Should that be enough? As for my current employer, I will get the Tax certificate after June 2012 as per government policy.

I am considering calling my case officer to discuss all these issues. Meanwhile, any help or advice from your side would be appreciated.

Regards,
I don't think you can call your case officer to "discuss" .

For the documents you already submitted, remind them that you did or just resubmit them.
For payslips try to get at least 12 months pay slips from each employer, bank statements should be In-Sync with the payslips , you don't need ur entire lifetime bank history.

IF u don't have payslips at all, bank statements by themselves maybe enough and explain to DIAC that ur company did not have a payslip system (many don't)

IF bank closed, do u have any old copies lying around approach the bank and tell them some of them provide facility to get old statements even after u close.. If not, you may have to explain it to diac in a letter.

Throw at them whatever you can, like ID Cards, bonus letter, appraisal , promotion, any document with letter head with ur name and details on it helps a lot to prove ur situation .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dear All,

● Taxation Documents.

Regards,
Dear Hammad,
Experience work letter:
you need to provide an experience letter mentioning tools you have been using, atleast 5 responsibilities which matches your occupation, your pay mentioned on letter, your designation and full name. This letter can be signed by your manager or director or HR department whoever issues the letter. The Work/Experience letters containing any less information are not considered by COs. just in case if you dont get tht type of work experience letter you will have to go to statutory declaration's way..

Pay Slips:
its better to provide pay slips of each month. though my agent once mentioned to me that if i can provide atleast one pay slip for each quarter for last 3-4 years it will be great.. Pay slips can easily be gotten. they are not as such a problem for any organization to issue.. [those will be issued on previous dates mind you]

Bank statements:
I guess you atleast need to provide bank statement of last three years.. correct me if i am wrong anyone. i submitted my bank statement of complete working tenure. with me my bank was merged into another bank so my account number was changed. I asked them to get my bank statement from archives. and they did that. banks are usually very helpful they might charge you with a nominal fees but i am sure they can provide bank statement of old accounts [i am working for a bank and i can tell yeah its not tht big an issue]

Taxation document:
this document is issued every year by the company. you better get hold of tht document from the company. [in my case no such document was provided since initially i was working for a small software house. they provided me a letter showing how much amount was deducted from my salary every year (total for salary and deducted taxes) signed by HR and Admin officer], so i submitted that. and my agent didn't say anything against it btw, so i guess those can also work. but it will be better if you can get proper taxation certificates. get those certificates of atleast last 3 years. for this year mention that you will provide it in june to your CO.

Regards
T.

·
Registered
346 Posts
You can't "discuss". The procedures are the same for all applicants.
HR letter needs to be detail and include you job description (duties in detail). A letter just indicating XxX worked with us as DA is not sufficient.
Pay slips, you don't have to provide all pay slips, 4 for each year (per quarter) is sufficient.
Bank statement needs to be for the whole period. If you highlight the salary payments that should be sufficient.
If the bank statement is not colored it needs to be stamped by the bank.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You've said you provided - A separate job profile with mine and my manager's signatures.

Was this a statutory declaration?

·
Registered
590 Posts
If the bank statement is not colored it needs to be stamped by the bank.
Do the documents to DIAC need to sent by post or are they emailed (colour scans)?

I've read several time on here now that documents do not need to be notarized either if they are colour scans of the originals...

As for the original issue, guessing since you needed ACS you have the relevant references and in the correct format, I wouldn't be surprised if you just received a standard reply asking for information and that's the reason they are asking for it again. I doubt they would write a personalised letter at this stage of the application asking for basic information.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm surprised on the bank statements. I was also asked for payslips (covering 8 years mind you) and/or tax documents. I sent 2 payslips for every year that I could find (only could find back to 2005), as well as tax assessments from the tax office for the past 10 years (bar one year that I could not find). They never asked for bank statements. The payslips and tax assessments were fine afaik as they have not asked for anything else and documents for this are set to met. This was in addition to my detailed letter from my employers.

·
Registered
550 Posts
shonawilke said:
I'm surprised on the bank statements. I was also asked for payslips (covering 8 years mind you) and/or tax documents. I sent 2 payslips for every year that I could find (only could find back to 2005), as well as tax assessments from the tax office for the past 10 years (bar one year that I could not find). They never asked for bank statements. The payslips and tax assessments were fine afaik as they have not asked for anything else and documents for this are set to met. This was in addition to my detailed letter from my employers.
8 yrs payslips! Who keeps them! I think I can at best manage past 5 years. Will DIAC always ask for this or are you the unlucky one? Also, may I know whether you were with a single employer all along? I have changed 5 employers over 10 yrs. hope I am not asked to give all payslips.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
346 Posts
Usually the "quality of submittion" is as follows:
1 - Tax statements (these cover pretty much it all
2 - Bank statements
3 - Payslips and references

For some countries like UK, USA and Canada just tax staitements might be enough (thou not recommended), because DIAC is hoocked up to the HM Revenue services, IRS, and CRA and vice-versa

·
Registered
59 Posts
8 yrs payslips! Who keeps them! I think I can at best manage past 5 years. Will DIAC always ask for this or are you the unlucky one? Also, may I know whether you were with a single employer all along? I have changed 5 employers over 10 yrs. hope I am not asked to give all payslips.

I think it depends on how many years experience you are claiming for. Mine was the full 8+ years due to age for max points so I had to provide proof of employment for 10 years. I have been with the same employer for 9 years but only had payslips back for 6-7 of those. My employer had changed payroll systems as well and didn't have any more. I was lucky to find my tax assessments and could give those for 2002 and then 2004 - 2011. 2003 was missing. If they had asked me for bank statements I would have been in a pickle because I changed banks 2 years ago, and I don't have much from the old bank. I also found a 5 year long service award for 2007 from my current employer so sent that as well.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
For some countries like UK, USA and Canada just tax staitements might be enough (thou not recommended), because DIAC is hoocked up to the HM Revenue services, IRS, and CRA and vice-versa
I wonder if this is correct - how is it that DIAC has access to our tax information? I consider that an invasion of privacy. There is no reason why foreign governments should have access to our tax information - especially of people who have never worked overseas before.

I am not sure this is true - the US has a lot of compliance-related issues and is very particular with who it shares information with. Now I know our biometric passports are shared, but that's for obvious reasons!

·
Registered
278 Posts
If offer letter, peomotion/ salary revision letters and increment letters alongwith bank statement showing salary credit and tax deduction is not more than sufficient if Payslips or Tax returns are not available for most of the period of claimed experience?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi all,
After reading this thread, I rushed to check my records- what kind of proofs I have apart from reference and relieving letters. This is my fifth employer in the past 10 years and I find that I have payslips for the past 7 years. No records available before that. I do have ALL the Bank Statements and the IT Returns of the past 11 years. I suppose that should be all right? Are is DIAC finicky enough to ask for payslips for the entire working period? Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No, u have enuf material in this context.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Hi,

Can we submit statutory declaration in place of employment reference letter
Yes, you can. However, you will need to state the reason as to why you are unable to provide a reference letter on headed paper and additionally, attach a lot of proof such as employment contract, payslips, bank statement, tax return statement, correspondence from your employer, etc to substantiate the claims that you make in your statutory declaration.

In such cases, too much information is far better than too little. I submitted a statutory declaration and attach every single piece of evidence that I had. I must have submitted over 50 documents - no questions were asked by the CO.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice to read this, will do that as I hv lot of relevant papers available for each year of employment

Please help out with format of statutory declaration

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Nice to read this, will do that as I hv lot of relevant papers available for each year of employment

Please help out with format of statutory declaration
Please do a search on the forum. There are loads of examples posted and discussed in previous threads.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
● Taxation Documents.
If you have provided reference letter, just remind them. remember letter from HR is not enough, you must have a technical letter signed by manager showing projects, software, hardware used and ur contribution in project.
If you have pay slips, you can submit, if you don't have then request ur company to type a letter mentioning ur monthly salary and tax deduction etc. account/HR manager can sign this letter
If you can arrange bank submit, do send them, if u getting salary by cash, just get a letter from relevant department.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts