Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wanna inform you that today I receive an email from DIAC informing me to do my Police Checks (Character) and my Medical Examinations.

I am a little bit (well... VERY, actually) surprise that they contacted me so soon.

My timeline thus far is as follows:-

Paper Application Lodged and Received by DIAC = 8th October 2009

Medical and Police Checks Request by DIAC = 21st January 2010

So that's like 3 months after I sent in my application. I thought I have to wait at least a year or so.

So guys, after I complete my Police Checks and Medical, how soon do you think the Visa will be approved?

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good its a very speedy process in your case.

It will take somewere 28 days to get Medicals finalised.
Normally another 5 to 9 weeks to grand visa
......................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
Do not worry. Three months is normal time. Total time should be around 8 to 10 months depending upon the individual circumstances.

Roofi

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanna inform you that today I receive an email from DIAC informing me to do my Police Checks (Character) and my Medical Examinations.

I am a little bit (well... VERY, actually) surprise that they contacted me so soon.

So that's like 3 months after I sent in my application. I thought I have to wait at least a year or so.

So guys, after I complete my Police Checks and Medical, how soon do you think the Visa will be approved?

Thanks

Goooood to know that applications are mooving fast.. and you have full reasons to celebrate this .. Get ur meds and PCC done fast and in another 2-5 months you can expect ur visa..

Cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations on your CO allocation. Get the Medicals and PCC done at the earliest and then relax. One day you will be surprised with the VISA approval email.

:clap2:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Congrats for the progress!!
By the way, which Visa sub-class are you in?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good its a very speedy process in your case.

It will take somewere 28 days to get Medicals finalised.
Normally another 5 to 9 weeks to grand visa
......................................................................................................................
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009
Hi Hari...

Thanks... I got my PCC Certificate of Good Conduct from the Malaysian Department of Foreign Affairs within 2 days (got my friend to go there personally), and I've scanned and emailed to my Case Office on the 29th Jan 2010. Got an acknowledgement from them.

And on the 30th Jan 2010, I got my Medicals done with with my wife and kids... Dr said will wait about 2-3 days for Blood Test result to come back then they will courier it to Australia immediately.

Fingers Crossed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts