Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Apologies if this has been asked before but having a look through I can't find anything that answers my question on this!

Basically how do I get a carte vitale?

I live near Strasbourg and work for a French company so pay into the French national health scheme direct from my salary (Like NI in the UK).

Having searched the Internet, I think I need to contact my local CPAM office? The address of which I have. They don't however seem to give an email address or phone number (that works!) so I can contact them! Surely it should be possible to register on-line? If I need to go and see them, it will mean taking a day off work and I will no doubt have to take along various papers with me. No problem with this but I want to know exactly what to take so I don't waste my time and have to take yet another day off! Also I need to contact them first as I need to make sure I can speak to someone there who speaks English as my French is pretty poor!

Apologies for long first post and a bit of a rant, but I'm at the end of my tether with this one!!:D

Regards

PJ

·
Administrator
51,610 Posts
If you're paying into the French cotisation system, your employer should have processed the paperwork to get you your sécu number and your carte vitale. You might check with the personnel or payroll department to see if they have sent in the forms - if they haven't, you can mention to them that the appropriate forms are available on entreprise.net - called the DUE Declaration Unique d'embauche.

It can take a few weeks, but it is the responsibility of the employer to get you signed up.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Administrator
51,610 Posts
BTW, the forms are available to your employer on net-entreprise.fr (I'm not in France at the moment and didn't think that website sounded quite right.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.