Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
I have been living and working in france for 7 years. I have had my carte de sejour for 7 years. for the first 3 years i had a contract as a dancer here. then i got the pacs with my boyfriend, we just finished our relation. we no longer have our pacs. for the last 4 years i have been freelancing as a dancer here in france. i have paid my taxes scince 2003 and i am set up here. how hard will it be to get my carte de sejour renewed without a work contract and without the pacs? I have established a life here I hope i wont have to move back home because i am no longer with a pacs. does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Administrator
50,439 Posts
Are you still renewing your carte de sejour annually? If so, you'll have to see what your local prefecture is willing to do about renewing your card. Normally, after a few years, they'll offer you a 5 year card or a 10 year card, which is the sign that you are more or less home free.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hello,
I have been living and working in france for 7 years. I have had my carte de sejour for 7 years. for the first 3 years i had a contract as a dancer here. then i got the pacs with my boyfriend, we just finished our relation. we no longer have our pacs. for the last 4 years i have been freelancing as a dancer here in france. i have paid my taxes scince 2003 and i am set up here. how hard will it be to get my carte de sejour renewed without a work contract and without the pacs? I have established a life here I hope i wont have to move back home because i am no longer with a pacs. does anyone have any suggestions?
i have been renewing my card every year scince 2003. how do i go about getting a 10 year card?

·
Administrator
50,439 Posts
The problem is that you can't get a 5 or 10 year card just by asking for it. Normally, when you're eligible for one, they offer it to you more or less automatically. For those who come to France on work visas, they usually wind up with a longer stay visa after 5 years or so. For those married to French citizens, they get a 10-year card after a couple years of marriage (it has changed recently, so I'm not sure the exact period of time required). But I don't know what they do with a PACS situation if the partners break up and dissolve the PACS.

You are probably going to have to ask at your prefecture about renewing your carte de sejour. Given your tenure in France they might consider giving you a 5 year card next time around - or not.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
25 Posts
Presumably you're registered as a freelancer with URSSAF or similar. That should carry as much weight as a salaried contract, I believe. But your local Mairie or Préfecture are really the ones to ask.

·
Administrator
50,439 Posts
is the carte de sojour for non-EU people going to France???
No, the carte de séjour is in essence a residence permit. You need a visa to enter France if you are coming from outside the EU. There are a number of different sorts of visas, depending on whether or not you are going to be working in France or what conditions you are coming on. You then take the visa (stamped with your date of entry) and use that to get a "titre de séjour" - for the first year, a validation of your visa done by the OFII after you have your medical exam and sign your contract (contrat d'accueil et d'integration). At the end of that first year, you then apply for a carte de séjour if the terms of your visa allow for renewal of your residence permit.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.