Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier on in the year I referred to the Carrefour opening in Hurghada. It will be next to the Hilton Plaza Hotel and there will be a shopping centre called City Shopping Centre. Carrefour are also recruiting for the project. I am very happy about this as when buying poultry, fish or meat produce from the street, its exposed in the streets to pollution from traffic and car fumes it can be a health hazard whereas somewhere like Carrefour keep their meat products refrigerated and temperature controlled and covered. There are now pictures on the internet showing the development.

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
Earlier on in the year I referred to the Carrefour opening in Hurghada. It will be next to the Hilton Plaza Hotel and there will be a shopping centre called City Shopping Centre. Carrefour are also recruiting for the project. I am very happy about this as when buying poultry, fish or meat produce from the street, its exposed in the streets to pollution from traffic and car fumes it can be a health hazard whereas somewhere like Carrefour keep their meat products refrigerated and temperature controlled and covered. There are now pictures on the internet showing the development.
Well you don't have to buy from the streets in Hurghada as Carrefour will not be the first supermarket there...Abu Ashra ,Metro and Spinneys got there before them.;)...next to Hilton Plaza so it's going to be on the beach then ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Webworldproperty has a thread entitled Hurghada Hypermarket this has some photos of the construction, a steel girder affair on the hill behind Hilton Plaza, as per most builds in Hurghada it goes in fits and starts so no idea when completion is due or indeed likely.

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
Please provide us with pictures (or the link) showing that Carrefour is coming. I can't find it on the website of Carrefour, not even on the page for hiring.
Carrefour careers

Well have asked many Hurghada people and no one seems to know for certain but favoured place seems to be Mubarak 6.....but there again one lady who lives in Mamsha says it is right opposite to her :confused: Lol....you should know what Hurghada is like...these rumours spread like wildfire and everyone tells a different story or adds a bit on to it.;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carrefour supermarket confirmed in Hurghada

Well you don't have to buy from the streets in Hurghada as Carrefour will not be the first supermarket there...Abu Ashra ,Metro and Spinneys got there before them.;)...next to Hilton Plaza so it's going to be on the beach then ?
Actually almost, as the building backs a long way next to the Hilton. If you are lucky enough to have visited a Carrefour, they are superb and apologies I never implied this was the first supermarket. I like Spinneys but its quite a long way from central Hurghada and the other supermarkets are smaller so not all ranges and choices are available.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Webworldproperty has a thread entitled Hurghada Hypermarket this has some photos of the construction, a steel girder affair on the hill behind Hilton Plaza, as per most builds in Hurghada it goes in fits and starts so no idea when completion is due or indeed likely.
Hope you have seen the new images, posted yesterday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carrefour Hurghada

Well have asked many Hurghada people and no one seems to know for certain but favoured place seems to be Mubarak 6.....but there again one lady who lives in Mamsha says it is right opposite to her :confused: Lol....you should know what Hurghada is like...these rumours spread like wildfire and everyone tells a different story or adds a bit on to it.;)
Yes rumours grow rapidly within Hurghada, but if you go in the vicinity of the Hilton Plaza, you will see it. There are many workers on site and I completely agree with some that indeed work starts and gets left un-completed in building projects within Hurghada, but not in all cases.

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
Yes rumours grow rapidly within Hurghada, but if you go in the vicinity of the Hilton Plaza, you will see it. There are many workers on site and I completely agree with some that indeed work starts and gets left un-completed in building projects within Hurghada, but not in all cases.

Well this is the latest from Hurghada:-

"The New Carrefour is going to be at the side of Al Hambra near Mubarak 6, I saw a sign there today"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carrefour

Well this is the latest from Hurghada:-

"The New Carrefour is going to be at the side of Al Hambra near Mubarak 6, I saw a sign there today"
Yes just received an email, thats excellent too. Myself a Carrefour anywhere in Hurghada is welcome. By all accounts, at least there seems to be confirmation that its going to happen.
Its taking years to learn about The Egyptians. I am dumbfounded that solicitors opposite the complex and my Egyptian friend who lives opposite and shared a long conversation with security and builders on the site who confirmed that Carrefour was going to be there. Its a crying shame when employees are given the wrong information. Spoke to someone five minutes ago who says a Carrefour is going to be there, wondered if maybe there will be 2 branches as in the case of Abu Ashra sorry if spelt wrong, where they have a few branches. Oh well, I like the idea that people said they saw Carrefour written on signs near Mubarak 6. The one at Hilton just says City Shopping Centre. If anyone has new updates, I will be very pleased to know, especially when

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats really good news, it definitely confirms a Hurghada branch will be opening or branches. Can't wait. Thanks for update

·
Super Moderator
1,781 Posts
Yes just received an email, thats excellent too. Myself a Carrefour anywhere in Hurghada is welcome. By all accounts, at least there seems to be confirmation that its going to happen.
Its taking years to learn about The Egyptians. I am dumbfounded that solicitors opposite the complex and my Egyptian friend who lives opposite and shared a long conversation with security and builders on the site who confirmed that Carrefour was going to be there. Its a crying shame when employees are given the wrong information. Spoke to someone five minutes ago who says a Carrefour is going to be there, wondered if maybe there will be 2 branches as in the case of Abu Ashra sorry if spelt wrong, where they have a few branches. Oh well, I like the idea that people said they saw Carrefour written on signs near Mubarak 6. The one at Hilton just says City Shopping Centre. If anyone has new updates, I will be very pleased to know, especially when
and the latest news :D
..::: Carrefour Egypt :::..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carrefour isn't the only foreign supermarket chain looking to invest. A Turkish company plans least 30 new stores in Cairo by end of the year. They have a no-frills ethos and carry a limited portfolio of 600 to 650 lines of basic food and non-food items. The model has served them well in Turkey and if all goes well in Cairo then rapid expansion is planned in other areas. This level of FDI must be very welcome.

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/20...-discount-retailer-makes-a-rare-bet-on-egypt/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts