Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My husband is a joiner/carpenter and we'll hopefully be applying for a WA SS pr visa once we've (read 'I've'!) gotten our heads around all of the info. I can't seem to work a few things out about the skill assessment -

1. Am I right in thinking that for a carpenter/joiner he'll need to send all the various evidence into vetassess/Vic Uni, complete a self assessment, do a technical interview and lastly a practical demonstration? Are all of these steps necessary in all cases?

2. He was a self employed contractor under the Construction Industry Scheme for a number of years, would bank statements, tax returns and a self declaration be sufficient evidence of this? We never used an accountant as I just used to do his return myself. I don't think he's ever had a letter from any of the companies in his life so that rules out salary increase letters, appraisals and job offers etc. Other that his current employer don't think he's ever had a 'contract' either. What else could we provide? He never did private work for households but was subcontracted to companies. Would it be worth contacting some of the companies he did work to get a reference letter?

3. What happens when a number of companies he has worked for no longer exist?

Many thanks for any help you can provide, I'm sure this will be the first of many questions I will have :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.