Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having lived in Cyprus for a while I know that there were properties there where you could live rent free as long as you looked after the house, pool and garden. Basically looking after an investment on a long term basis. Does this happen in Spain at all? We are looking at the villages around the Xabia/Javea area

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Having lived in Cyprus for a while I know that there were properties there where you could live rent free as long as you looked after the house, pool and garden. Basically looking after an investment on a long term basis. Does this happen in Spain at all? We are looking at the villages around the Xabia/Javea area

I cant imagine that there would be many as they usually get rented out and the tenants are expected to maintain the property and pay rent??! Or if they're short term holiday lets, then they command a very high weekly rental price

Jo xxx

·
Administrator
36,511 Posts
Hmm not really in Javea as far as I'm aware, and I'm pretty sure I'd know if it was common.

Most people who have holiday or second homes here either have friends keep an eye on the property, use a rental agent for short lets or have long term tenants

1 - 3 of 3 Posts