Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a career crossroads and I will begin re-training in Sept with a view to emigrate to USA with my new qualification . I have three choices , can anyone tell me which would be my best bet to get me into OZ on pref. a perm Visa -?
Primary Teaching, Occupational therapy or Social work ??
If there are other careers that could be suggested that I haven't listed in these type of professions maybe Nursery Nurse/montessori teaching please let me know.
Used to be a PA in a bank and I don't believe I can do it with this background and I am now a teaching assistant in a primary school until I start Uni in Sept.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I am at a career crossroads and I will begin re-training in Sept with a view to emigrate to USA with my new qualification . I have three choices , can anyone tell me which would be my best bet to get me into OZ on pref. a perm Visa -?
Primary Teaching, Occupational therapy or Social work ??
If there are other careers that could be suggested that I haven't listed in these type of professions maybe Nursery Nurse/montessori teaching please let me know.
Used to be a PA in a bank and I don't believe I can do it with this background and I am now a teaching assistant in a primary school until I start Uni in Sept.
None if you're hoping for the career to be the basis of your permission to live and work here.

Try: accountancy, IT, nursing, or any ology to a PhD level

·
Registered
11 Posts
accountancy?

Are you saying that being an accountant is a possible route to permanent visa to US?
Just wondering as that's our profession.....

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Are you saying that being an accountant is a possible route to permanent visa to US?
Just wondering as that's our profession.....
Transfers are quite common if you work for one of the big international firms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.