Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an American with my bachelors Degree and was an officer in the U.S. Army. I am curious to my possible opportunities for a decent career in Australia. From those living in Australia, Do I have a chance at a decent career even? Looking into Team/Area/Regional Management type positions.

G

·
Possibly but would you qualify for a visa? You would need to name an occupation in which you work, are qualified in and pass a skills assessment for that occupation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have served in the U.S. Army for 5 years, so a lot of leadership/management experience. I do have my Bachelors Degree as well as I speak Indonesian. Also getting certified in Six Sigma. Other than that, I do not have a specific civilian job I have worked because after college I went straight into the military as an officer.

G

·
Well unless you were willing to transfer back into the AU army there may not be any options for you.

Australia's migration programme is geared towards skills (read occupations) in demand. They want people highly skilled, qualified and experienced in those occupations which they have assessed they need and the list changes frequently and includes all sorts from Doctors & Scientists to Mechanics and Bricklayers. If you don't neatly fit one of the occupations you cant get a visa bar meeting and falling in love with an Australian and going down the family route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts