Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Car Wash

7K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Tropicana 
#1 ·
I was wondering if someone could give me advice on a good car wash/cleaning service?

In the UK I used to be very OCD about cleaning my car and would spend hours on it (i know geek)

I have now bought my first car in Dubai and wanted to know where is a good place to get it cleaned?

I dont like the thought of getting it washed at the mall (dirty water, cloths etc) but I dont necessarily want it detailed and waxed every week just something in between

Can someone advise of anywhere and what the approx. cost is?

I have a Ford 150 if that makes a diff and drive from JLT to Deira very day so somewhere along that route would be useful?

Cheers

#4 · (Edited)
Grant Service station between interchange 1 and wasl road is a very good one.

I always bring my car there, and they do a good job for 35aed. They use clean cloths, and lots of soap. For a bit more, they will also detail your car.

The only thing I dislike is the fact that all car wash companies here clean the inside after they cleaned the outside. A better way is the inside first, and than wash the outside; this way all dust cleaning the inside creates will not settle on the clean paint which forces the cleaners to take it off with a dry cloth..... To avoid the last, I never wait in the line behind a 4x4; chances are that the boot full with sand will be blown by the airsprays onto my clean washed car :)

#13 ·
There is a car wash behind Lulu in Al Barsha (next to the petrol station and mcdonalds). A lot of locals go there (not sure if this is because is in Al Barsha and that's where they all live!) but also I've seen lots of really cool cars and dudes who seem to be very anal about their cars, so I think there must be a reason why they all go there. Not sure if that helps, lol. But you may want to check it out.

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
'waterless' systems are not nearly as eco friendly as they appear.
'low water' options are probably the best.

the 'waterless' guys that use loads of sprays and 'treatments' are telling you all about how great they are not using water, but they are using an awful lot of manufactured product, that probablty took as much water to make as they are saving - not forgetting the bottles, transportation etc etc.

anything that cleans a filthy car without a healthy dose of water is also going to trash your paintwork over a period of time.

Reactions: Tropicana
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.