Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Can anyone please advise me as to how far in advance can you tax a car,mine expires end of November,but I would like to retax it next week if possible.

David

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car taxing.

Visited Financas in Ansaio this morning,1 in the queue,plain sailing,most helpful female who spoke enough English to assist me with the re taxing of my car.

I was also very pleased with the amount of €54.76 for the year to November 2014,one of my better days!

David

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks CM,as we were in Ansaio anyway thought I would see just how easy/difficult it could be in the Finance Office,thanks for the advise keeping a copy in the car,I find it amazing the amount of documentation one has to keep in the car,and should your car be stolen...........!

David

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Your supposed to keep originals but I keep copies of the important documents in car except insurance and have the copy attested to being an original copy gets a nice official embossed stamp and signature at my local Junta, they can charge but it's the cheapest place around and mine often doesn't.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Car taxing.

CM,

Our local Junta,in Pousaflores is never open,we have attended 6 different times to register our Labrador,as the vet has informed us she cannot treat our dog without her being registered,we have been to the Camara in Ansaio and they have contacted an official who has stated a time and date that the Junta would be open,so we duly turn up,10 mins early,on the stated Saturday afternoon,waited for 30 mins,no one turned up,very frustrating,I'm sure our vet would treat our dog if the need was such though.

David

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Try a Sunday that's when our President attends to sign documents but ours open rest of week, odd no problem with our Vet treating dogs and Junta wouldn't register a dog without passport etc for dogs with chip etc showing especially rabies vaccinations

·
Registered
666 Posts
Dreamweaver

FWIW, we bought a lab puppy a few months ago and our vet chipped her and did all the registration etc for us online and at no extra charge so you might perhaps consider trying a different and more helpful vet.
I am with TM on this one.

We brought our 2 setters in from the UK and they have been treated no problems........we added a rescue (don´t ask how that happened) and she has been treated no problems, plus chipped and registered.

I think you need a new Vet

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for your replies,it does seem the opinion of those who have dogs that our chosen vet is somewhat out of line,and by all accounts you are probably correct,I shall retry my Ansaio vet again,thanks all.

David(and Chelsea)!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TM,

That's kind of you to suggest the vet you use,we are not that far in Pousaflores from FdV,and a good recommendation is worth it's weight in gold,if we need to change,I will certainly bear your suggestion in mind.

Regards,

David

1 - 17 of 17 Posts