Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am looking to share a car (as a passenger) from Jumeirah Islands (Marian area) to Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. 5 days a week from Sunday to Thursday. From 8 am to 6 pm.

I am flexible in terms of hours and will be happy to share the cost of a chauffeur driven car if possible.
Work starts in the last week of October.

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it illegal to hire a chauffeur? And share the cost with someone else? It was my
Understanding that you could not share your own car for payment. Any clarification would be appreciated.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hello

I am looking to share a car (as a passenger) from Jumeirah Islands (Marian area) to Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. 5 days a week from Sunday to Thursday. From 8 am to 6 pm.

I am flexible in terms of hours and will be happy to share the cost of a chauffeur driven car if possible.
Work starts in the last week of October.

Thank you
Just had a quick look but could not see this post on the Dubai forum. You might have better luck finding someone if you also post there as it is more likely that people doing that run live there.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is it illegal to hire a chauffeur? And share the cost with someone else? It was my
Understanding that you could not share your own car for payment. Any clarification would be appreciated.
you would need to "hire" a proper taxi, ie a firm with a trade license etc ie not a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who you pay as a private taxi driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts