Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
we used to use Málagacar.com who are situated round the corner from the airport and have a pick up and drop off service! They've always been reliable and friendly and they were competitive the last time we used them, but that was about a year ago, so I dont know how they compare now

Jo xx

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jo! We are chuffed about our upcoming trip in Sept/Oct. We used to walk and use public trans a lot..but now that we stay longer, and my hubby has had some surgery on his back/leg. we find we can have a lot more freedom with a car.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
I always use and recommend EuroSur EUROSUR RENT A CAR

Their service is WAY better than their website ...don´t tell her that!

Once I was desperate for a car on the spot and she loaned me hers when she heard what had happened! Sadly she wanted it back and I got an Ibiza or something the next day but it was a nice "pose" for a few hours. That´s what I call service!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using Tony's Rent a Car - will report back to site in about 4 weeks how it went - so far so good: 6 weeks for 580 euros
Hi dong..so far I have found both Malagacar and DoYouSpain to be SIGNIFICANTLY (about 25% to be excact) cheaper than "Tony's". Have not yet gotten a response from Eurosur.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Last summer, a lot of people with existing bookings with some Malaga car hire firms had their reservation cancelled because they had run out of cars. If they still wanted a car, they had to rebook at considerably greater cost than their original. It's something to bear in mind when you are hiring for the peak season like Easter and July/August.

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Good advice. One of my best friends owns a company in Torrevieja, Costa Blanca and he mailed last week to warn me that July/August will be very tight again as the banks are not lending enough to allow the car companies to lease in enough cars. Malaga was bad last year as were Alicante and Murcia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.