Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
you will get a one way charge no matter who you go with.

I did driving stints across the US and tried looking for ways to avoid a large one way charge. The only way I could see was by changing cars a couple times at various locations on the way.

But the money you could save doing it this way isn't that much, talking $10-$50 tops depending who you go with, sometimes you might get charged more. Just have to shop around.

I've found that the the less known car hire companies (well as least not known here in australia!) can charge a little less. Dollar-rent a car seems pretty good as well as Alamo. Enterprise I found to be the highest while the usuals (Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Budget) charge about the same as each other.

I wouldn't go outside the companies I mentioned above because with those car companies you are 9 times out of 10 guarenteed to get unlimited miles.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
I'm looking at a 15 day hire in about 7 months time ... planning for my daughters wedding and the aftermath :)

So far I have it down to about £750!
You need reliable transportation. A company you can call from anywhere to get a replacement vehicle asap. Honestly 750 is under flat bed charge to return the vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts