Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
You wouldnt automatically be rejected but they would obviously look at it as a higher risk as you are not a resident. But I've seen people on 457 getting mortgages so!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shel is right they will just presume higher risk but, as long as you have papers showing that u have income they will lend you. Not sure if interest rates would be higher or same.

As for bank, we chose CBA, it was very simple. They have a migrating to Australia section which shows the steps on their website. You can create an account and transfer money and once you land in Australia, you show them your ID at local branch and they will give you debit cards and you are ready to spend. Also the account fee is waived if you deposit at-least $2k a month.

I didn't check other banks but I assume they have the same scheme.

·
Registered
224 Posts
suzie5555 said:
Many thanks does the same apply to get a credit card
Nope credit card would be provided to 457 holders after 3 mons they have salary credited to same account , it should not be an issue at all. but u need to have a salary account there .

Car loan is real tough
All the best

Regards
San

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only issue I have had is that the finance I got to buy my car had to be repaid prior to the expiry of my visa (obviously)...I also have a credit card from my bank, I was advised that it is possible to get a mortgage on a 457 providing you have a 20% deposit!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.