Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We will be driving a very old high k car down from London to Perpignan. Assuming it gets there we intend to scrap it almost immediately. Anyone have a contact for a car scrap yard or similar?

Tony1

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I think to scrap a car, you have to pay. Why not use it in part-ex for a healthy down payment on a new car?

H

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was a minicab before we bought it for almost nothing 5 years ago. Since then we have put some serious miles on it and it has sat on the street in Hackney. It does not have straight panel on it I'd be embarassed asking someone to pay money for it.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
It was a minicab before we bought it for almost nothing 5 years ago. Since then we have put some serious miles on it and it has sat on the street in Hackney. It does not have straight panel on it I'd be embarassed asking someone to pay money for it.
You don't have to ask anyone to pay money for it; it's a px scheme designed to get old cars off the roads, which also means you don't have to get it registered in France as long as you have the log book and declare to DVLA you're exporting it, 'cos it will go straight to scrap.

OTOH you do have to buy a new car.

OR OTevenOH, there are collectors of such vehicles here, who WILL pay and lavish hours of love and attention. Don't mentally write it off just yet .....

Hils

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.