Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My start date of my study in Quebec is 18 Jan 2016 , and i have a placement test in

11 Jan and both dates are mentioned in my acceptance letter . when i apply to

student visa and CAQ should i write my study start date is 11 Jan or 18 Jan ?

Will i be able to enter Canada before the date of my study to do the test ?

I would greatly appreciate your help

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
I would indicate that your start date is January 18 (as is specified in the acceptance letter) and that you have a placement test on the 11th of January.

If you have any further questions, I would think that contacting International Student Services at the school you're going to attend would be helpful... they would have a better understanding of what CIC requires as far as admission to Canada with sufficient time to sit your placement test.

Good luck to you and please have a safe journey to Canada! :)

Reactions: Fazer

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Are you already accepted at your school, or is it a conditional acceptance, dependent on the result of the placement test?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you already accepted at your school, or is it a conditional acceptance, dependent on the result of the placement test?
Its a placement test to determine which level i will enter , My program is intensive French language .
And i already accepted in the university .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would indicate that your start date is January 18 (as is specified in the acceptance letter) and that you have a placement test on the 11th of January.

If you have any further questions, I would think that contacting International Student Services at the school you're going to attend would be helpful... they would have a better understanding of what CIC requires as far as admission to Canada with sufficient time to sit your placement test.

Good luck to you and please have a safe journey to Canada! :)
I tried to contact with the university , they only say " we cannot provide assistance regarding immigration matters "
and told me to consult the Immigration Quebec website and Immigration Canada website .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called Immigration Quebec website about that matter and told me to write the date i have to be their so it will be 11 Jan

And now i have another problem that i did not understand even after calling them
My name in Passport is "for example " Sary Evan Amr Barak

in the CAQ application they want me to write Family name at birth and First name so it will be like this?

First name : Sary
Family name at birth : Barak

so where should i put the second and third name ? in my family name or first name ?

For clarification :
Sary : me
Evan : father
Amr : grand father
Barak : family

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
I called Immigration Quebec website about that matter and told me to write the date i have to be their so it will be 11 Jan

And now i have another problem that i did not understand even after calling them
My name in Passport is "for example " Sary Evan Amr Barak

in the CAQ application they want me to write Family name at birth and First name so it will be like this?

First name : Sary
Family name at birth : Barak

so where should i put the second and third name ? in my family name or first name ?

For clarification :
Sary : me
Evan : father
Amr : grand father
Barak : family

Salut!
Hello!

For the CAQ application forms, you would write your name like this:

BARAK, Sary Evan Amr

Bonne chance!
Good luck!

Reactions: Fazer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saved the CAQ online but still did not pay the fees , and want to change my name there
Can i make another application online and forget about the old one ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.