Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

53,627 Posts
From publication 523 (Selling your home):

Do not report the 2012 sale of your main home on your tax return unless:

You have a gain and do not qualify to exclude all of it,

You have a gain and choose not to exclude it, or

You received Form 1099-S.
If your gain falls within the limits, it looks like you don't even have to report the sale.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.