Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email today that said this:

Dear Applicant,

A decision has been made on Your UK visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Your passport will be dispatched from the Sheffield Office and will be delivered by UPS.

Nothing more than this. Has anyone else received this message? If so, what did it mean? It's vague at best, and I'm anxious. I tracked my package at the UPS website, and it was at Castle Donnington, UK waiting to clear customs earlier today, then was passed back on to Sheffield, UK to ship after it was cleared. Is this good news?

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
It means exactly what it says. It's the standard email that they send out when they've finished processing an application and made a decision. They do not disclose the outcome. You'll have to wait until you get your package.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, had the same email just a few days ago from Sheffield. As it took another day and a half for the packet to be collected by FedEx, I actually emailed the address and politely asked them what the decision was. The next morning, I received a very polite reply telling me it was approved and apologizing for the delay in their response; the visa came the next day. It can't hurt to ask, it is not confidential info as it pertains to you. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, had the same email just a few days ago from Sheffield. As it took another day and a half for the packet to be collected by FedEx, I actually emailed the address and politely asked them what the decision was. The next morning, I received a very polite reply telling me it was approved and apologizing for the delay in their response; the visa came the next day. It can't hurt to ask, it is not confidential info as it pertains to you. Good luck to you.
I'm hearing more and more that individuals who received the same email verbage as me were approved. I truly hope that this is the case with me as well.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
You can try emailing back to the sender in Sheffield and ask if your visa has been issued.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is ridiculous but they do. That is the law. If refused and your application had been submitted while you have valid leave which is less than 12 months before the date of expiry you are then given a right of appeal. You only get your passport back if you succeed at appeal and are getting a visa. If you do not succeed then arrangements are made for you to receive your departure at the airport. Only other time is when a ticket has been purchased and forwarded to then if they are satisfied that there is no risk of absconding.

Only other time you get the passport back is if you still hold valid leave from a previous application

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I received an email today that said this:

Dear Applicant,

A decision has been made on Your UK visa application. Your application will be dispatched shortly from the visa processing centre in Sheffield, UK.

Your passport will be dispatched from the Sheffield Office and will be delivered by UPS.

Nothing more than this. Has anyone else received this message? If so, what did it mean? It's vague at best, and I'm anxious. I tracked my package at the UPS website, and it was at Castle Donnington, UK waiting to clear customs earlier today, then was passed back on to Sheffield, UK to ship after it was cleared. Is this good news?
A quick update: My daughter and I received our visas and returned documents in the mail today. I've already purchased our return tickets. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It means exactly what it says. It's the standard email that they send out when they've finished processing an application and made a decision. They do not disclose the outcome. You'll have to wait until you get your package.
No offense, but this post was not helpful in the least. In truth, you were incorrect. At this point in time, the Home Office/UKBA Visa & Immigration are placing applications on hold while awaiting a decision on an appeal to the court that ruled that the minimum financial requirement was unjustified (this is posted right on the website). All applications who do meet all of the requirements will be GRANTED their visas however. I realized this the other day when I was preoccupied about the pending arrival of my package. So, I'm afraid you were incorrect. Clearly I had been approved because I'd met all of the requirements, including the newly instituted minimum financial requirement. Hence, my visa and my daughter's, were approved and sent back - rather than put on hold or declined. In the future, you may want to keep yourself abreast of any updated information regarding the status of the appeal they are awaiting a decision on.

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
No offense, but this post was not helpful in the least. In truth, you were incorrect. At this point in time, the Home Office/UKBA Visa & Immigration are placing applications on hold while awaiting a decision on an appeal to the court that ruled that the minimum financial requirement was unjustified (this is posted right on the website). All applications who do meet all of the requirements will be GRANTED their visas however. I realized this the other day when I was preoccupied about the pending arrival of my package. So, I'm afraid you were incorrect. Clearly I had been approved because I'd met all of the requirements, including the newly instituted minimum financial requirement. Hence, my visa and my daughter's, were approved and sent back - rather than put on hold or declined. In the future, you may want to keep yourself abreast of any updated information regarding the status of the appeal they are awaiting a decision on.
It's you who are uninformed. I'm perfectly aware of what's going on with the financial requirement. Applications are put on hold if you don't meet the financial requirement. That's not the only requirement. You can be refused for other reasons. So, I'm afraid it's you who are incorrect. My post was absolutely accurate. Good for you that you met all the requirements but I guess you weren't sure of that or you wouldn't have posted your question.

·
Registered
39,079 Posts
To clarify:
There are now three possible outcomes to any application.
Approved - if it meets all the requirements including the financial.
Declined - if it fails on one or more requirements unrelated to financial requirement, such as unsuitable UK accommodation, doubt over the veracity of relationship etc. You could have failed on current financial rule as well.
On hold - if it fails solely on not meeting the financial requirement.
The email you received could be either as a result of Approved or Declined. They don't put in an email when you are refused because of confidentiality reasons, as email can be read by someone other than the applicant.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My husband and I are freaking out a bit... I got an email from FedEx stating that a package has been dispatched. I kept waiting for an email from Sheffield, but we never got anything. Everyone else in our same little boat (priority settlement for a US applicant) received emails from the UKBA.

Has anyone had this experience where they have gotten tracking information for their return documents, but no email from UKBA?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.