Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I applied and paid for my first FLR (M) from within the UK on the 6th of September 2020. I then received an invitation to use the IDV app which is how I submitted my application but I did not receive an email stating my previous biometrics were going to be used. It's now been 11 weeks since the application and still no word from the Home Office. I emailed the Coronavirus helpline as well as the standard call centre but no-one can actually confirm if my application was received and if there was any issue with my biometrics. They just said "if there was a problem someone would have contacted you by now".

Would it be safe to assume that if they wanted me to attend an in-person appointment someone would have contacted me? I've seen on other threads that people received an actual email stating their biometrics were going to be used again but that was not the case for me. My tier 5 Youth Mobility visa expired yesterday and I am now left in limbo waiting for a decision that is now 3 weeks overdue.

If anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear it as not getting a receipt or any form of confirmation after paying over 2000 pounds and now waiting 11 weeks has me concerned.

·
Registered
549 Posts
There was a point where new applicants in September HAVE to make an appointment as they're no longer using the IDV app to submit biometrics.

If you have not had the biometrics re-use email then you need to make an appointment online ASAP.

I would start looking for appointment slots ASAP.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a point where new applicants in September HAVE to make an appointment as they're no longer using the IDV app to submit biometrics.

If you have not had the biometrics re-use email then you need to make an appointment online ASAP.

Okay but surely I would have received an email that stated that I had to book an appointment? When I submitted my application through the IDV app it took my photo etc and then it said at the end that everything had been sent to the home office. So 11 weeks later why would I have not received a reminder or a phone call or anything at all to book an appointment?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Okay but surely I would have received an email that stated that I had to book an appointment? When I submitted my application through the IDV app it took my photo etc and then it said at the end that everything had been sent to the home office. So 11 weeks later why would I have not received a reminder or a phone call or anything at all to book an appointment?
Did you get an email to say you have to use the IDV app to submit biometrics?

If so, then you just need to wait till you hear back. There have been applicants from the start of the year still waiting to hear back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get an email to say you have to use the IDV app to submit biometrics?

If so, then you just need to wait till you hear back. There have been applicants from the start of the year still waiting to hear back.

I got an email 11 days after I paid for the visa from sopra steria basically saying they are excited to announce that they’ve launched a new IDV app and I am invited to use it.

It says “The IDV app lets you submit application information to UKVI without having to book or attend an appointment with UKVCAS. This new, free to use, way of submitting information to UKVI involves you taking a photo of yourself and uploading supporting information onto your mobile device.”

It then prompted me to login, download the app and follow the steps. So I did that, I uploaded all my documents, took the selfie etc and then submitted. It says in the email that if there was a problem verifying my identity then UKVI may contact me to book an appointment.

After the submission no one has contacted me so I just assumed that it was all verified and fine and that there’s just delays due to COVID which is fine but after reading a few threads tonight I see other people got a specific email stating their biometrics were being re-used but my email did not say that. All I can think is that this was the case for anyone who applied before 31 August and perhaps it changed to an automated email after that. The frustrating thing is that no one from the call centre can give me an answer.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The call centre won't be able to give you an update on the application, they don't know the status of applications.

You'll just have to wait like the rest of us.

If you have submitted everything and done the IDV biometrics via the app then your all good. You don't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The call centre won't be able to give you an update on the application, they don't know the status of applications.

You'll just have to wait like the rest of us.

If you have submitted everything and done the IDV biometrics via the app then your all good. You don't have anything to worry about.

Maybe I’m just panicking for nothing! I didn’t necessarily need an update on the application I just wanted to make sure that I hadn’t missed something..

It said everything had been sent and I just had to now wait for a decision so fingers crossed there’s been no issue. It’s all very confusing not actually get a confirmation.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Maybe I’m just panicking for nothing! I didn’t necessarily need an update on the application I just wanted to make sure that I hadn’t missed something..

It said everything had been sent and I just had to now wait for a decision so fingers crossed there’s been no issue. It’s all very confusing not actually get a confirmation.

Thanks for the reply!
I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyone that has submitted biometrics via the app, they didn't get a confirmation. But once submitted, it's sent immediately.

Just don't think about it too much, if they need to get in touch, they will do so via email.

Just don't overthink it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
In the same boat and on the same timescale. Frustrating as without my new BRP I cant get back into the UK if I leave.
Sukanda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts