Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
This is my first post. I am ready to apply for ACS skill assessment and have 8.5 yrs of experience.Problem is I changed 3 companies in those years and getting the service and skillset signed by HR is hard.Whats frustrating is that for one of the company, I mailed 2 of my managers and called hard line in office and toll-free line of office ,No response. I am not sure what to do, this job was in different city ,so lost all my colleague numbers over the time, tried pinging one over Facebook , No response. I am stuck.Please advice what to do, is there any way I can prove my experience for that time.

Thanks,
Anu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Anu,

unfortunately you will need a reference letter (or statutory declaration from a former colleague) for each work period which you want to have considered for assessment. ACS will accept no other evidence, so submitting payslips, joining letter etc. is pointless. Self-declarations are also not accepted.

Keep trying to get in touch with somebody at the office. Call HR or drop by in person.

·
Registered
253 Posts
In my opinion, you could consider what should be done in this scenario. Like,
1. Invest time and prepare for IELTS to get a score of 8.
2. Then apply for a state nomination and try to gather points using that.

I have questions though. How many years of experience can't you prove if you dont get the reference letter from them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
In case I dont have any reference then I would have no account for 1yr and 3 months.

would it work If I write a self undertaking affidavit and attach some senior colleague reference.

Thanks
AnuD

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi AnuD,

self-written declarations are not accepted by ACS, you need a 3rd party such as a former colleague or HR to provide the reference letter. See ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines on page 14:

The Statutory Declaration or Affidavit must be written by a third party work colleague and NOT written by you, the applicant. Self-written statements submitted as a Statutory Declaration or Affidavit will be assessed as not suitable.
The format of the declaration should follow the standard reference letter (cf. page 13 of the guidelines), minus the logo. The work colleague should also add a sentence or two about your work relationship, e.g. "I was <AnuD>'s team lead in project <X> from <date1> to <date2> and worked with <AnuD> on a daily basis." The declaration should end with a sentence like "I believe that the statements in this declaration are true in every particular."

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 5 of 5 Posts