Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought of posting this on the sticky - but it's up to 20 pages already.

I wish to cancel my Residency. My card expires next month. Do I need to do anything else but just let it expire?

·
Administrator
36,522 Posts
Thought of posting this on the sticky - but it's up to 20 pages already.

I wish to cancel my Residency. My card expires next month. Do I need to do anything else but just let it expire?
I'm not sure - but if you're staying you still need to be registered as resident

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
No it'll expire - But if you are leaving you should declare it on the PADRON. Otherwise you can still be hunted for stuff you may not be responsible for. Might be unpleasant if you came back!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it'll expire - But if you are leaving you should declare it on the PADRON. Otherwise you can still be hunted for stuff you may not be responsible for. Might be unpleasant if you came back!

Thank you - appreciate that - most helpful!
:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I understood that even if your (old) residency card expries, which has been replaced by the life long piece of nasty paper/cert... You should still go to the police station, pay the small fee and fill in 'Baja' on the form - so you are officially out of the system.
I do not know of anyone who has had problems once returning to the UK/leaving Spain.. But I am waiting to hear of some 'jobsworth' in the UK who turns aound and says, 'You didn't de-register!'

Any tips from British Consul would be welcome ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.