Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Wondering if anyone can help me please, I couldn't find anything in the Search section.
I went to see a used vehicle and signed a "Bon de Commande", after sleeping on it, I informed the garage by text at 8pm the next morning, less than 12 hours since signing. I apologised and let him know that I would be sending a registered letter to confirm this but he said he was keeping the cheque because he had already ordered 2 new tyres for it. I still have a copy of the ad from leboncoin which stated that the vehicle was already coming with four recent tyres and there is nothing on the "bon de commande" which says anything about tyres. He said by law he was allowed to keep the cheque. There is some writing on the second page of the order which says (conforme au décret N078-993) I took a look through this notice and saw that the terms and conditions must be attached to the order/sale but they were not and I was not made aware of any terms and conditions. In fact, I signed the order because I had read that I had 7 days to change my mind. I sent the registered letter before noon, the day after signing (though I haven't yet, received the slip back to say it has been received). I tried to cancel the cheque but this was not possible, by law because I had changed my mind, and now the garage has cashed the cheque (€200). It is still within seven days and I wondered if anyone could give me some advice and direct me to the right place to get my money returned. Thank you

·
Administrator
49,815 Posts
I found two sites with information on this - though I suspect you're not going to like what they have to say:

En direct de la loi - Achat : annuler une commande sans frais, c'est possible ?
http://forum-juridique.net-iris.fr/...ion-de-commande-achat-voiture-occasion-a.html

It seems as though that 7 day window to change your mind only applies if you're buying a new car, not a used one. And apparently, unless you were planning on getting a loan to pay for the car, it can be difficult to nearly impossible to cancel the bon de commande.

Then again, perhaps someone here on the forum has more information for you.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts