Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(*Please note that I will be asking the embassy this question tomorrow but since it's the weekend and I'm curious I thought I would post here while I wait for their response)

I am Canadian and my husband is Australian. We live in Australia at the moment with our son. We applied for my husbands Canadian spouse visa in October 2011 and the Sydney, Australia office began processing their portion mid-January 2012. It states on the website the processing time is currently 7 months. I take that as our visa will be approved (if all goes well) by mid-August. We would like to be in Canada for the summer months to visit with family on school holidays. Does anyone know the ruling on us being allowed to travel into Canada to holiday with family on a visitors visa and when his visa is approved leave Canada into the USA and travel back into Canada to commence his spouse visa?

Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Since this seems to apply to a Canadian visa you may be better off asking the question in that forum (if you haven't already that is).

Cheers,
Karen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since this seems to apply to a Canadian visa you may be better off asking the question in that forum (if you haven't already that is).

Cheers,
Karen

Thank you Karen. I did post over in the Canadian forum as well :) Just thought I might try both just incase :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.