Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks - I am about to submit an application for my Canadian De Facto and our two kids to move to Australia with me.
i amwondering if anyone knows of the average processing time for Ottawa?

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Attaboy1:

Do a search on the forum for some posts by Megera, she did the same thing and it was not too long, however these days I'm hearing a uniform 3-6 months for alot of people.

Hello Folks - I am about to submit an application for my Canadian De Facto and our two kids to move to Australia with me.

Cheers,

Paul

·
Registered
11 Posts

Cheers,

Paul
My partner and I just applied for an offshore partner visa - we lodged our application at the high commision in Ottawa on 27th November and we were assigned our case officer today. The email we received said that the current processing time for a partner visa was 12-16 weeks (although we're hoping for a speedy turn around like Megera!) Hope that helps with your decision.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For an update for those Canadians out there - since getting our case officer on 7th December we haven't heard anything - we contacted him on Monday to ask about submitting an AFP police check and got a polite reply today telling us it would be added to the file when it was sent in - no update/no request for extra evidence. Anyone else waiting for partner visas in Canada at the moment? It certainly feels like slow going (but I am an impatient person).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts