Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wondering where, if anywhere, anyone may have had some luck with finding a place to watch the mens hockey?? Im departing Canada on the 24th so I have only a couple searching days, and I was unsuccessful in finding a place to watch hockey in my past visits.

Perhaps a place could be arranged for all Canadians to get together and watch our Hockey team go for gold!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im wondering where, if anywhere, anyone may have had some luck with finding a place to watch the mens hockey?? Im departing Canada on the 24th so I have only a couple searching days, and I was unsuccessful in finding a place to watch hockey in my past visits.

Perhaps a place could be arranged for all Canadians to get together and watch our Hockey team go for gold!!!
Seems like quite a few Canadians are having the same problem, I wonder if CBC online would air it or just the highlights...Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts

I too would like to watch the Olympics but it doesn't seem to be on TV here. I lived in Budapest and they had complete coverage. You'd think we'd get it here.....:).

N

·
0 Posts
I haven't had any luck with finding Olympic coverage either. When I lived in China, some places had something called slingbox (whatever that is!) and they were able to get hockey coverage through ESPN. Does that work here? I don't really know enough about it, only that it is fed through the internet, not sure if NBC or CTV have that option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't had any luck with finding Olympic coverage either. When I lived in China, some places had something called slingbox (whatever that is!) and they were able to get hockey coverage through ESPN. Does that work here? I don't really know enough about it, only that it is fed through the internet, not sure if NBC or CTV have that option.
The Sling box (Sling Media - Home) does work here. You simply need to install it in a location with a fast internet connection and you can watch TV over the internet here. Most people install it with family/friends wherever they're from (e.g., install it in Germany and you can watch the same channels that are broadcast to that house).

I was hoping some of the local stations would carry the Games since I haven't set a Sling up...:(.

Thanks for the thought. Might be worth setting it up for the future.....

N

·
0 Posts
The Sling box (Sling Media - Home) does work here. You simply need to install it in a location with a fast internet connection and you can watch TV over the internet here. Most people install it with family/friends wherever they're from (e.g., install it in Germany and you can watch the same channels that are broadcast to that house).

I was hoping some of the local stations would carry the Games since I haven't set a Sling up...:(.

Thanks for the thought. Might be worth setting it up for the future.....
I wonder if any of the hotels that have sports bars have Sling box? In Shanghai some of them did & everyone hung out there for big sports events - hmmm. I'll see if I can find out anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.