Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Canadian nurse with total of 13 years experience in community, medical and psychiatry. I'll be moving to Dubia on my husbands visa. I'm looking for all the updated info I can receive prior to moving. Example: opportunities for Canadian RN jobs, process to be registered, possible salary, experiences with hospitals etc, anything and everything馃檪. Thank you

Registered
I'm a Canadian nurse with total of 13 years experience in community, medical and psychiatry. I'll be moving to Dubia on my husbands visa. I'm looking for all the updated info I can receive prior to moving. Example: opportunities for Canadian RN jobs, process to be registered, possible salary, experiences with hospitals etc, anything and everything馃檪. Thank you
I don't know any nurses here most switched careers when they moved to Dubai as the hours were much longer than in their home countries and salaries lower
In 11 years i have never be seen or treated by a Canadian/British/American nurse they have always been Filipina or Indian

Hospitals wise these are some of the best

American Hospital
Al Zahra
City Hospital

Look on their websites as they will have career pages

Registered
In 11 years i have never be seen or treated by a Canadian/British/American nurse they have always been Filipina or Indian

Hospitals wise these are some of the best

Al Zahra
I remember seeing a chief nurse, or some sort of manager/supervisor for all the Indian and Filipina nurses in Al Zahra Hospital in Tecom/Al Barsha. She was western for sure.
So there are positions for westerners, only higher up the org structure.

Registered
Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi (not Dubai, but probably a 1 hour commute depending on where you are in Dubai) has western nurses too. Or used to. Not sure after the cost cutting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts