Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone need some advice please. My partner is Canadian and we are looking to get married and for him to come to the uk but reading up on visa I don't meet the financial requirements to sponsor him as I don't earn £18600 nor have any savings. I work part time as have kids can anyone give me some advice please?

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
You as sponsor have to meet the financial requirement, and if you don't, visa will be denied. Having children won't change things, unless you get carer's allowance, or if you receive certain disability-related benefit.
He can try to come over in his own right, such as study or sponsored work, or if he qualifies for ancestry visa with a UK-born grandparent. If he is under 30, he can get two-year Tier 5 youth mobility scheme visa, which can be changed into spouse leave if you jointly meet the financial requirement.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hi everyone need some advice please. My partner is Canadian and we are looking to get married and for him to come to the uk but reading up on visa I don't meet the financial requirements to sponsor him as I don't earn £18600 nor have any savings. I work part time as have kids can anyone give me some advice please?
If you don't meet the financial requirement to sponsor your Canadian partner to the UK, the only other way for him to come over and stay in the UK is for him to join the British Armed Forces as a Commonwealth citizen. A member of the British Armed Forces is mostly exempted from UK immigration control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.