Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Wondering if there are any similar expats out there who have moved to UAE and had a mortgage back in Canada. I am currently considering the move next year to Abu Dhabi and have considered a few options:

1) Continue paying monthly mortgage while wiring money over back into Canada on a regular basis

2) Take out loan in UAE to pay off mortgage in Canada and pay off UAE loan in USD. I understand there are policies and procedures of whether or not I can get a loan first, but putting that aside, what I am trying to work out is the FX effects on paying off my mtg in Canada with a UAE Loan.

3) Sell Condo which is probably not my preference as real estate is still good investment/savings strategy IMO.

Any opinions or advice would help!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK..so we should keep the mortgage here and wire payments back to Canada? Again, I would prefer not to sell my property in Canada as there's still potential in real estate market here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.