Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I am looking for some VISA HELP asap.

My finance and I are moving to Canada on 8th Sept.

My finance is both Australian and Canadian Citizen
I am UK citizen sponsored to work in Australia on 457 Visa.
We met in Australia almost 2 years ago and have been living together since May 2014. We have a house together in joint names in Australia and joint bank accounts etc.

My finance has not lived in Canada since 2003 (he has been in Australia since then).

I have a few questions based on our circumstances and I really hope someone can help:

1. Do we need a lawyer? Has anyone made a Canadian spousal visa application outwith Canada without an immigration lawyer? or is it recommended that we get one?
2. Does it cause problems that we are both living overseas in Australia? I.e. should we wait until we are both in Canada with a lease etc before we apply?
3. If we decide to apply now (prior to leaving Australia) can I enter Canada on a holiday visa when we arrive on 8th Sept and wait in Canada for my spousal visa to come through or do I need to remain outwith the country?

I would really appreciate any help. We are going to spend quite a chunk of money on getting our beloved pooch shipped over to Canada and with the possibility of not being able to work for several months I am hoping we can do this application ourselves and not involve large legal fees...

Thanks
Amy

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi all,

I am looking for some VISA HELP asap.

My finance and I are moving to Canada on 8th Sept.

My finance is both Australian and Canadian Citizen
I am UK citizen sponsored to work in Australia on 457 Visa.
We met in Australia almost 2 years ago and have been living together since May 2014. We have a house together in joint names in Australia and joint bank accounts etc.

My finance has not lived in Canada since 2003 (he has been in Australia since then).

I have a few questions based on our circumstances and I really hope someone can help:

1. Do we need a lawyer? Has anyone made a Canadian spousal visa application outwith Canada without an immigration lawyer? or is it recommended that we get one?
you do not need a lawyer. Most people do the necessary paperwork themselves.
2. Does it cause problems that we are both living overseas in Australia? I.e. should we wait until we are both in Canada with a lease etc before we apply?
Of course, your fiancé doesn't need any paperwork to enter Canada other than proof of his Canadian citizenship.
3. If we decide to apply now (prior to leaving Australia) can I enter Canada on a holiday visa when we arrive on 8th Sept and wait in Canada for my spousal visa to come through or do I need to remain outwith the
[/COLOR]
You may enter Canada only as a visitor.. Spousal visas can take quite some time so you should submit your application ASAP. Without the visa you will not be able to work.

I would really appreciate any help. We are going to spend quite a chunk of money on getting our beloved pooch shipped over to Canada and with the possibility of not being able to work for several months I am hoping we can do this application ourselves and not involve large legal fees...

Thanks
Amy
Much Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.