Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I read the Please Read:...' sticky post however one of the links is broken and the other had 3 agents for Canadians which I wasn't sure about.

Did any other Canadians use an agent and if so could they recommend one to me with some sort of contact information?

Is it recommended to even use an agent?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tyler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I read the Please Read:...' sticky post however one of the links is broken and the other had 3 agents for Canadians which I wasn't sure about.

Did any other Canadians use an agent and if so could they recommend one to me with some sort of contact information?

Is it recommended to even use an agent?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Tyler
I am looking for similar information. Please help your friends from the Great White North out..

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Tyler,

The link isn't broken - the website is undergoing maintenance and points to a temporary website for now (at least it does when I check it :) ).

You can also use agents in Australia and several of the members have done this. Not sure what the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Aussie dollar is but it may be cheaper for you to have an agent here too.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tyler,

The link isn't broken - the website is undergoing maintenance and points to a temporary website for now (at least it does when I check it :) ).

You can also use agents in Australia and several of the members have done this. Not sure what the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the Aussie dollar is but it may be cheaper for you to have an agent here too.

Regards,
Karen
Thanks Karen,

The exchange rate is approximately .93 AUS for 1 CDN so it's possible it could end up slightly less.

I'll look up some Australian Agents and continue to try and find some Canadian based. I'll update when I've got some more information.

Thanks,

Tyler

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tyler,

I am a Canadian and applied for a 175 visa back in June, still waiting for a CO.

I managed to get my assessment done through ACS (IT Java) and submit my application on my own. I have found the whole process pretty self explanatory and forums like this one are a great source of information and feedback. Unless you have an unusual circumstance I suggest you save the cash and go it on your own.

-- Grant

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI Tyler,

Welcome to the forum. We are from India and using an agent in Australia. It doesnt really matter if you are sitting in Canada or India or for that matter anywhere else in the world, somehow I feel an agent in Australia is better. In our case our ACS assessment took just 19 days including the time they took to send the documents and receive the assessment letter. We hardly speak to our agent, as and when we want we do it over emails and if absolutely necessary i call him and in last two yrs tht i hv been working on our visa, i might hv spoken to him 5-6 times, no call longer thn 10 mins. I think the currently most agents are charging about 2000-3000A$ for the entire procedure, give or take a few.

whoever you go for, make sure they are MARA/MIA registered.
Hope this helps.

Cheers
anj

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Grant, I second that thought :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts