Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,
My OH have had numerous arguements regarding this topic
I was born in Canada and Hubby was born in England.
He says that I am not a true canadian because I left canada when I was 7.
He was born in England and moved to Canada when he was 6 months old???
basically how would you determine this???

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
You need to check the laws relating to the year of your birth. Have you applied for a Canadian passport?

You should have Canadian citizenship but laws change over the years. I half remember something about Canadian/US duals being changed a few years back.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By the way we have never had arguemnets regarding this, yes she was born in canada which makes her canadian by birth, she moved to scotland at 7yrs old so she is dual citizen, just like me, i was born in uk so british by birth but took out canadian citizenship soi am also dual as well, no arguing at all just a misunderstanding....... cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello Folks,
My OH have had numerous arguements regarding this topic
I was born in Canada and Hubby was born in England.
He says that I am not a true canadian because I left canada when I was 7.
He was born in England and moved to Canada when he was 6 months old???
basically how would you determine this???
You are Canadian. Even if you were born in England and never lived in Canada, but one of your parents is Canadian, you are still Canadian. ;)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
By the way we have never had arguemnets regarding this, yes she was born in canada which makes her canadian by birth, she moved to scotland at 7yrs old so she is dual citizen, just like me, i was born in uk so british by birth but took out canadian citizenship soi am also dual as well, no arguing at all just a misunderstanding....... cheers
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to check the laws relating to the year of your birth. Have you applied for a Canadian passport?

You should have Canadian citizenship but laws change over the years. I half remember something about Canadian/US duals being changed a few years back.
Hi Nick, no problems there LOL, we both have dual passports.
Its quite funny because Hubby and I got into a debate about it(after I had a few drinkies)!! LOL and I just wondered if others felt the same. Ie, is it where you are born or where you grew up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.