Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,

I am a permanent resident in Canada; a pharmacist from India. I am in Canada for last two years, still struggling to get back into my field because its very hard.

Recently I applied for Masters in Pharmacy in Uk & got acceptance.

I am confused whether it would be good idea to migrate to UK as student. Which is a better country?

I live in Vancouver in Canada & would go to London as student. I have my wife & 8 year old daughter with me.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
It is impossible to say which is the better country as both have good and bad points. It all depends on what you and your family want and nobody else can answer that for you.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
You might want to have a look at this page to see what you have to do in order to get back into the dispensary here in the UK.

Just like for the BC College of Pharmacists, you have to meet certain training guidelines as set out by the UK's General Pharmaceutical Council (as listed here) and probably write a jurisprudence and ethics exam.

I worked for 12 years in Vancouver as a tech but didn't complete the regulation program before I arrived here in the UK to get married, so if I want to register with the Council, I'd have to start from scratch, do a 2 year apprenticeship AND take some upgrading courses... not worth my time and effort, given I want to start a family in the new year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.