Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my husband, myself and our teen will be moving to USA from Canada on an military outposting this summer. We will be briefed on the 'important things' but still have questions. How new must the international vet certificate for our cat be? How difficult will it be to find work in admin (for me)? How long does it take to get a SSN? (we will have our VISAs allowing me to work)..How different will it be for us to live in the USA vs Canada? Banking - what is the best USA bank to deal with? What about car insurance - any suggestions on the best company to go with? We will be in Virginia and travelling frequently between VA, DC, Europe and Central America...Any help would be great

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Hello, my husband, myself and our teen will be moving to USA from Canada on an military outposting this summer. We will be briefed on the 'important things' but still have questions. How new must the international vet certificate for our cat be? How difficult will it be to find work in admin (for me)? How long does it take to get a SSN? (we will have our VISAs allowing me to work)..How different will it be for us to live in the USA vs Canada? Banking - what is the best USA bank to deal with? What about car insurance - any suggestions on the best company to go with? We will be in Virginia and travelling frequently between VA, DC, Europe and Central America...Any help would be great
Unless there is a very specific ruling for Candian military spouses - you will not be able to work.

More tomorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts